Alteration - Holy Weapon 12/01/2011 03:51 PM CST
Anyone know if you can alter a holy weapon? Many times (it seems) it is hard to alter special gear.

Madigan
Re: Alteration - Holy Weapon 12/01/2011 06:05 PM CST
I'd try asking in the premium folder, too, but I'm guessing no. Among other things, you can't hand them over to other people, unless I remember it wrong.
Re: Alteration - Holy Weapon 12/02/2011 12:26 AM CST
I remember getting my sword altered before I did the quest. I recall that there were issues in altering a holy weapon, hence the new way to change them out.

~~~
My life is simple and in all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended, but never coerced; killed, but never shamed.
Re: Alteration - Holy Weapon 12/02/2011 07:04 AM CST
A while ago, in one of these folders I remember this being asked and answered, don't have a good feel for when. And the summary, is something similar to Sebestyen suggested. That is that there is an order to having this be done that allows for less difficulty.

Re: Alteration - Holy Weapon 12/02/2011 08:40 AM CST
Thanks. Alright, time to get a weapon altered. I think I will do this quest now that I have one of those Icon-thingies.

Madigan
Re: Alteration - Holy Weapon 12/05/2011 06:54 AM CST

They did actually have a post on it before. If I remember correctly, the holy weapon code makes it incredibly more complex so most merchants wont go near it. The best way to do it is get the weapon altered first and then do the quest.
Re: Alteration - Holy Weapon 12/05/2011 08:17 PM CST
>>If I remember correctly, the holy weapon code makes it incredibly more complex so most merchants wont go near it.

This is my understanding, as well. You'd be a lot better off getting something fancy and then doing the quest than doing the quest and then making it fancy.
Re: Alteration - Holy Weapon 12/08/2011 02:41 AM CST
>>>>If I remember correctly, the holy weapon code makes it incredibly more complex so most merchants wont go near it.

>>This is my understanding, as well. You'd be a lot better off getting something fancy and then doing the quest than doing the quest and then making it fancy.

This would be the best bet, yes.