RE: Holy Icon 02/18/2011 11:17 PM CST
Just wanted to post this to let people know.

You breathe out respectful praise to the gods as the star icon glows for a moment.
You feel ready to recharge your holy weapon.

The icon from the dunshade quest does appear to be for holy weapons.
RE: Holy Icon 02/18/2011 11:47 PM CST
<< The icon from the dunshade quest does appear to be for holy weapons. >>

That is awesome, thanks for verifying that.
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 12:32 AM CST
Ederick, do you think you could compare charging with your quest icon to charging at a charge site if its not too much trouble? I know previously given out icons only recharged about half of what a charge site did. I am wondering if this is the same for the quest icons. I suspect they are exactly the same. But one thing I was hoping for when they got around to messing with icons again is that they would change this.
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 12:36 AM CST
Actually I never had a holy weapon before I got the icon. I just got the icon then went to get my weapon after that. However, I don't believe its half, it says its shining with holy power, and I think that's towards the upper end. I can try when I have to recharge it next.
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 12:47 AM CST
<< Actually I never had a holy weapon before I got the icon. I just got the icon then went to get my weapon after that. However, I don't believe its half, it says its shining with holy power, and I think that's towards the upper end. I can try when I have to recharge it next. >>

Shining is somewhat high, but it depends on your charisma and circle. For a mid level paladin that might be a full recharge, for a high level paladin shining would be less then half. Hence the need for a single person to compare.
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 12:53 AM CST
I'm over the minimum circle required to obtain the quest, but that being said, i'm not what I consider a high level paladin. I just circled to 75 and have 30 charisma
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 12:57 AM CST
<< I'm over the minimum circle required to obtain the quest, but that being said, i'm not what I consider a high level paladin. I just circled to 75 and have 30 charisma >>

Thats about the range I would call mid level in the context of my post. If you got shining at that then I would say you got a full recharge. I am actually surprised you got it that high with 30 charisma. You should get 500+ strikes out of each charge.

I wonder if the old icons changed at some point, perhaps Sebestyn can jump in and say, he is the only active paladin that I know for sure has one (though I am sure there is a couple more).
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 01:03 AM CST
After a few hits it is now faintly glowing.
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 01:13 AM CST
<< After a few hits it is now faintly glowing. >>

You were at the very edge of shining then. Thats still very good. Elanthipedia has a good breakdown of the power levels in the holy weapon article.

I am wondering, since they are being offered as a quest prize, if that means there are no longer plans to offer it as an item a paladin can obtain via guild leader quest and a certain circle. Since that plan was in place in the maece/ssra days, who knows.

I would still like to see them offered as a normally obtainable item for paladins, but I am super excited I can get one now on dunshade. Maybe they stuck them on dunshade just to shut me up (I have probably posted about it more then anyone over all these years).

Already thinking about alteration ideas for when I get mine on my quest run. Though I wont be surprised if they wont be alterable because they are special (I hope not).
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 01:15 AM CST
Yeah i'd say I got about 20-30 strikes out of it before i noticed it dropped. Now I have a question, besides running out of charges at zero does it perform worse as a normal weapon when it runs out of charges without recharging it or what downsides are there now. I know they took out the amazingly poor out of charges and you are done.
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 01:21 AM CST
<< Yeah i'd say I got about 20-30 strikes out of it before i noticed it dropped. Now I have a question, besides running out of charges at zero does it perform worse as a normal weapon when it runs out of charges without recharging it or what downsides are there now. I know they took out the amazingly poor out of charges and you are done. >>

I have never let mine drop to uncharged before, I stop using it at about barely glowing. So I cant tell you for sure, but I would assume it will just act like a normal weapon.

Reason I dont let it drop to zero, even though they got rid of the deal where its ruined for good, its still going to be a pain if you let it drop to zero. Once at zero you have to recharge it once which gets it to 1 strike only, then you have to recharge it again to get a normal charge. Since there is a timer on how often you can recharge in addition to the recharge being a slight pain anyway, you are making recharging doubly a pain. If you use scripts in combat, throw in a check of the weapon ocationally, if you dont use scripts, get in the habit of looking at it often after a certain amount of time.
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 01:23 AM CST
Seems like the cooldown timer for the icon isn't long. Maybe 30 minutes to 1 hr.
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 05:36 AM CST
<<I wonder if the old icons changed at some point, perhaps Sebestyn can jump in and say, he is the only active paladin that I know for sure has one (though I am sure there is a couple more).

I get shining with my original icon, and at a site.

Let the lol brigade begin... Charisma: 30
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 06:32 AM CST
The only drawback to letting your weapon run out of charges is needing to charge it twice to get it working again. That said, man I hope I get me an icon when I do the quest... Not asking for spoilers but, how hard is it to get the icon? I've never done a quest, so I'm not sure how treasure is done. Is it random, or do you just get to choose something at the end?

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
DRPrime - NecroUnknown
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 07:03 AM CST
Wow, this is pretty awesome. I'm excited about the possibility of getting one when I do the quest.

And no, as has been said letting it drop to uncharged doesn't make it worse than a regular weapon. It does make it more inconvenient to charge since you have to do it twice, but that's it.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
RE: Holy Icon 02/19/2011 04:31 PM CST
>or do you just get to choose something at the end?

This.

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Combat Balance Sheet:
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/balance2.xls