Icon Prize 01/25/2011 09:19 PM CST
So, when the guildhall design competition was judged and winners announced I'm fairly certain none of us got our prize. Should I just forward the e-mail to the current Paladin Advocate (who is that, btw)? Does anyone still have access to the e-mail used (PaladinEntries@yahoo.com)?

Also, do I need to have a holy weapon to have the icon? My paladin isn't 50th, so doesn't have one.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Icon Prize 01/26/2011 09:08 AM CST
>>So, when the guildhall design competition was judged and winners announced I'm fairly certain none of us got our prize. Should I just forward the e-mail to the current Paladin Advocate (who is that, btw)? Does anyone still have access to the e-mail used (PaladinEntries@yahoo.com)?

Sebestyen got his from the first contest, so it's just you and I (assuming you play Winra; I play Anthetir). I think the current advocate is Dartenian, but I emailed him about the contest as well as posted here and I haven't gotten a response to either message.

>>Also, do I need to have a holy weapon to have the icon?

No. A few people who got them at the event where you had to go before the Paladin council were under 50th.

~Thilan
Re: Icon Prize 01/26/2011 09:19 AM CST
I have been hoping that the lack of response on icons, both on the people who never got them from contests, and on the fact that a quest was supposed to be made so everybody could get them, has to do with perhaps a rewrite of the whole holy weapon system.

For several years now the status of holy icons has been my most requested/hoped for issue for the GMs to respond to. Over the years and many posts by myself and others, never has a GM bothered to respond.

I would like to see the quest finished for everyone to obtain them. But for contest winners, so many years later, to not yet have them, is just plain silly. Does it take some special coding or something for each icon made? If it as simple as copying an existing icon and bonding it to X character and only takes a bit of a GMs time, then not giving them out to contest winners is simply absurd.
Re: Icon Prize 01/26/2011 10:43 AM CST
Believe the current Advocate is Maece, actually.
Re: Icon Prize 01/26/2011 10:49 AM CST
<< Believe the current Advocate is Maece, actually. >>

Maece has been gone for awhile. Dart did step up and say he would take over some duties and act as a quasi advocate of sorts, but not long after that he vanished (stopped posting on boards at least, no one seems to know if he is still active behind the scenes).
Re: Icon Prize 01/26/2011 11:02 AM CST
He's definitely still active, but as far as I know working on combat 3.0 which in his words (paraphrased) was the most important thing he could do for this guild.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Icon Prize 01/26/2011 01:10 PM CST
>assuming you play Winra

Yeah. I've posted once or twice in other threads about it, but figured two and a half years is time to start a thread of its own.

>No. A few people who got them at the event where you had to go before the Paladin council were under 50th.

That's good to hear. My main character is only 43rd. My friends tell me I have character ADD. I was pushing pretty hard on Winra for a while after she won the contest, but as time went on I got discouraged that I hadn't ever heard back about it.

"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Icon Prize 01/26/2011 02:30 PM CST
Someone call up Raphael/Steeler from retirement.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Icon Prize 01/27/2011 05:42 PM CST
Personally speaking this to me is one of the places where the ball gets dropped on a customer service level. I understand how it can happen (the specifics of this particular contest anyway) what I don't get is why it's allowed to linger. The problems I see from the outside is that it's likely no one on staff knows the specifics of Maece's contest nor do they seem to know much about the actual icons, so it's hard to follow up on.

What I would do in this instance is toss out a general apology and a solution, something like: We can't come through with this one just now but how about we grab you a shield alterer instead and call things square. That way while there is still some disappointment about not getting what was expected there is at least the feeling that someone cares in the first place. To me silence conveys a lack of caring, even if I don't think that is particularly true.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Icon Prize 01/27/2011 09:37 PM CST
I totally agree here. I think that seems to happen a lot with Paladins. And I'd really like to see a red name bump in. Just to show concern, even if to just stop by and say, 'hi, how you all doing, no sorry I don't specialize in Paladins, but SIMU is taking the time to listen.' or whatever. But mainly it just seems to be somewhat sad here. Not that there isn't a decent player base here.

Re: Icon Prize 01/29/2011 09:13 AM CST
Of course I am no GM but I will try my best to get this issue resolved. In the mean time don't get carried away with the disappointment comments. Keep the comments on the constructive side.

Thanks
Ikria

Please feel free to contact me (DR-Ikia@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at (DR-
Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at (DR-
Annwyl@play.net).
Re: Icon Prize 01/29/2011 09:29 AM CST
<<And I'd really like to see a red name bump in. Just to show concern, even if to just stop by and say, 'hi, how you all doing, no sorry I don't specialize in Paladins, but SIMU is taking the time to listen.' or whatever.

Sorry, a token post from some random redname isn't really going to mean much. One of you you people who play a paladin needs to become a GM and take the guild advocate/liason position.

I'd do it myself, but... yeah, I'm a bit too cynical for the SIMUs.

Mistrust is our only defense against betrayal.
Re: Icon Prize 01/29/2011 09:31 AM CST
LOL!! Now that's timing a post.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Icon Prize 01/29/2011 09:52 AM CST
Thank you Mod Ikria,

While I will never have anything close to a main in the Paladins, the Paladins have always seemed so cool. They need some help.

Re: Icon Prize 01/29/2011 03:31 PM CST
Thanks for looking into it.

Madigan
Re: Icon Prize 01/29/2011 05:34 PM CST
>Of course I am no GM but I will try my best to get this issue resolved

Thank you so much! Now I'm off to try and level my Paladin some more. Yay for motivation!

Re: Icon Prize 01/30/2011 03:46 PM CST
Just so you guys know, I spoke with GM Dartenien (via email) about the prizes for the guild hall contest. He has assured me he will check it out and get with you guys to make things right. Please be patient while he does this. Since it was done prior to him taking over as Paladin Guru, it will take some time for him to check and double check what needs to happen.

Ikria
Paladin Guild Board Monitor

Please feel free to contact me (DR-Ikia@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at (DR-
Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at (DR-
Annwyl@play.net).
Re: Icon Prize 01/30/2011 03:51 PM CST
Thanks a ton! And to Dart, too. If it helps, I can forward the e-mail sent from PaladinEntries@yahoo.com.

Re: Icon Prize 01/30/2011 04:11 PM CST
>>Thanks a ton! And to Dart, too. If it helps, I can forward the e-mail sent from PaladinEntries@yahoo.com.

Seconded, and I can forward as well. Seriously, thanks so much.

~Thilan
Re: Icon Prize 01/30/2011 05:13 PM CST
In the interest of getting you guys set up... I have one of the original icons, if theres anything not quite obvious about how they were built.

Mistrust is our only defense against betrayal.
Re: Icon Prize 03/11/2011 06:03 PM CST
>Please be patient while he does this. Since it was done prior to him taking over as Paladin Guru, it will take some time for him to check and double check what needs to happen.

Any word on this? I realize it's only been in Dart's hands for about a month and a half, and it's been pending for years previous to that, but I thought it would be worth it to nudge it a little.

Re: Icon Prize 12/11/2011 06:50 PM CST
>Just so you guys know, I spoke with GM Dartenien (via email) about the prizes for the guild hall contest. He has assured me he will check it out and get with you guys to make things right. Please be patient while he does this. Since it was done prior to him taking over as Paladin Guru, it will take some time for him to check and double check what needs to happen.

>Ikria
>Paladin Guild Board Monitor

So, this was in January. Any word on if anything has come of it?