Holy weapon suggestion 12/20/2009 10:31 AM CST
I have been playing around with moonblades recently, and what a neat weapon. The ability for the weapon to store spells and invoke them at a later point is EXACTLY what many of us Paladins have expressed a desire for in the past. The ability to ALIGN ourselves with our Holy Weapon, prep and then cast a spell, and have that spell be absorbed into our Holy Weapon to later be INVOKEd when we wanted would be a great update to Holy Weapons in gerneral and fill a much demanded request issued by many of the Guild.

Have the number of spells able to be stored into the Holy Weapon increase with appropriate stats/circle.

I understand mechanically(bearly) how Holy Weapon writes a script to a weapon, making it holy and has script additions to handle swappable weapons. I kinda understand how adding such an ability as "spell storage" into holy weapon scripts would require also coding a way to "rework" currently existing holy weapons as well... and that the code that writes the script to weapons could be quite an undertaking to edit since it was written by someone else with potentially vastly differant coding style. I think it would be such a great addition to Holy weapon though, and would answer many a request for additional Holy Weapon benefits AND requests for a way to store spells for instant use later that it would be worth the undertaking. If someone was found that was willing.

Try out a Moonblade and see what I mean... It's a great ability and has many varied uses.

Here's an example of how I could see it potentially working:

>glance
You glance down to see a giant war mallet with a forge-welded head in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

>prep dig 60
That will disrupt most of your current attunement, leaving you not too badly off.
You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Divine Guidance spell.

You feel fully prepared to cast.

>cast mallet
You gesture at a giant war mallet with a forge-welded head.
You sense the pattern of the Divine Guidance spell weave itself into the golden glowing aura of the giant war mallet.

>perc mallet

You focus upon the eminating auras of your giant war mallet.
You sence the Holy pattern of the Divine Guidance spell contained within the mallet's aura.
You sense the Holy pattern of the Courage spell contained within the mallet's aura.
You sense the life pattern of the Sphere of protection spell contained within the mallet's aura.
Roundtime 10 sec.

>Invoke Mallet
You Heft your mallet above your head, releasing the magical patterns traced into it's eminating aura.
Brilliant, hair-like threads of light dart like wispy crowns around your head, bringing with them an epiphany of thought and knowledge.
You feel your courage bolstered immensely by your faith and determination.
A translucent sphere forms around you and shudders like a soap bubble.
Re: Holy weapon suggestion 12/20/2009 01:13 PM CST
<<Try out a Moonblade and see what I mean... It's a great ability and has many varied uses.
<<Here's an example of how I could see it potentially working:

Moonblades don't have anywhere near that degree of simplicity/capability. Abeyant Orison is a better comparison for what you want, and I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there's downsides to having spells stored in it relative to maintaining any held mana spells in it. Granting a downside-free way to simultaneously cast multiple spells to a magic tert guild doesn't sound like it would be approved. I hesitate to say this next part because it verges on GvG, but even Clerics and Moonmages can't do that.

That said, I'm not cutting your idea. I think it just needs to be reduced in scope or have balances put in place.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.