Buggy 11/15/2009 12:52 AM CST
THis is not the first time this has happened:

[Tower of Honor, Chapel]
An exquisitely carved ivory statue is the centerpiece of this small chapel. Representing Chadatru, the traditionally honored god of Paladins, the statue dominates the area with its presence. Brilliantly colored stained glass windows cast multihued shadows over the wooden pews radiating outward from Chadatru's icon.
Obvious exits: out.
>pray chadatru
As you kneel down to pray, you feel your head is not cleared enough to pay proper respect to Chadatru.
>
After clearing your thoughts, you pray deeply toward Chadatru. A warm, soothing sensation washes over your soul.
>get sword
You get a silver-hilted robe sword from inside your weapon harness.
>trace renew sword
You are not properly prepared to use this glyph.

I got the clearing my thoughts message, got the soul boost, but still cant renew my holy weapon. More then half the time I have to wait out the timer (an hour I think) and do it a second time, and only on the second time do I manage to be able to recharge my HW. And I have NEVER let my HW get to zero charge (in which case having to do it twice is expected).

>l sword
Your sword is faintly glowing with holy power.

Its bad enough to have to leave theren to recharge my weapon all the time, but to have to do it twice each time and wait over an hour is annoying. That easily becomes an entire days worth of playing DR for me, just to recharge my HW once, and that hour of work to recharge my holy weapon ennds up allowing me to fight undead for about 30min before its drained again (and that is as a 110+ paladin with pretty decent charisma).

And while on the topic of leaving theren, WHY has the Chadatru altar in theren keep never been made a recharge site? I mean, seriously, Mer'Kresh got a recharge site, and why? There isnt even undead on Mer'Kresh. Icons fix most the issues with HW which is supposed to be our primary special ability, but if you wont give us those nor even comment on it, cant you at least make the Chadatru altar in theren keep a recharge site? If ANY place in the realms made sense for a recharge site, the Chadatru altar in the most Paladin oriented province makes the most sense.
Re: Buggy 11/15/2009 07:27 AM CST
<<And while on the topic of leaving theren, WHY has the Chadatru altar in theren keep never been made a recharge site? I mean, seriously, Mer'Kresh got a recharge site, and why? There isnt even undead on Mer'Kresh. Icons fix most the issues with HW which is supposed to be our primary special ability, but if you wont give us those nor even comment on it, cant you at least make the Chadatru altar in theren keep a recharge site? If ANY place in the realms made sense for a recharge site, the Chadatru altar in the most Paladin oriented province makes the most sense.>>

I think they did it specifically to piss you off.

Either that, or the GM who made those decisions isn't around anymore, and the GMs who've stepped in are doing their best to fix our holy weapon issues.

I know this is far-fetched and kills your nerdrage, but I'm just saying- it may be possible.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Buggy 11/15/2009 10:21 AM CST
I used to have this problem when my soulpool wasn't all the way full before I started.

I would get the soul boost but still not have enough raw soulpool juice to power the glyph

It was back near 50th tho. I don't have that issue come up now, but If i used enough glyphs before praying... it could probibly still happen... Renew takes quite a bit of soulpool.

It is more likely you just waited too long to try to trace the glyph... I don't even stand up before I do it. As soon as I finish clearing my head I'm set to trace the glyph... and the short window of opportunity to be able to trace WAS done on purpose... so people wouldn't go afk and just trace sometime later after their ham sandwich.

Move back to Shard... Malchata sand in your plate shorts isn't all that bad.
Re: Buggy 11/15/2009 02:38 PM CST
I dont think it was my soulpool, mine is pretty large and I had in the last hour maybe used one mana glyph. Though perhaps I waited too long, it was maybe a minute after I got the soul boost that I tried to trace renew (indeed, I went afk), I never realized there was such a short timer to allow you to use it after praying, thats annoying.
Re: Buggy 11/16/2009 07:19 AM CST
>>I never realized there was such a short timer to allow you to use it after praying, thats annoying.

I had a GM help me when I finally decided to get my Holy Weapon a month or so ago because this exact thing happened and I thought I was bugged or something. He confirmed that the timer was extremely short after you get the 'head clear' messaging when praying for when you can trace the glyph of renew.

I just wrote a script ;)

-Guardian Lord Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: Buggy 11/16/2009 09:13 AM CST
the short timer is there for the purpose of paying the toll... you are supossed to sit there and watch and wait... so you don't miss your chance and you honor the gods with that expendature of your time.

I thought your holy weapon was a crossbow? did they fix ranged holy weapons?