Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 03:10 PM CDT
If this is readily available to bless weapons, shouldn't a similar mechanic be able to be easily created or modified for recharging holy weapons?
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 03:11 PM CDT
That was my first thought when I saw the flasks. They should release icons in the paladin shop or something.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 03:38 PM CDT
<< If this is readily available to bless weapons, shouldn't a similar mechanic be able to be easily created or modified for recharging holy weapons? >>

My first thought as well, but since it is a nice general release I opted to stay quiet about my Holy Weapon complaints right away.

And the mechanic to recharge our holy weapons is already coded, they just havnt given them to us.
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 03:57 PM CDT
>>And the mechanic to recharge our holy weapons is already coded, they just havnt given them to us.

That particular code could be massive and not suitable to be distributed en mass. Then again it could not be, I'm just saying you can't really say "it's already coded"
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 03:59 PM CDT
There's nothing wrong with people making sweeping assumptions of things they know nothing about.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 04:00 PM CDT
<< That particular code could be massive and not suitable to be distributed en mass. Then again it could not be, I'm just saying you can't really say "it's already coded" >>

Not unless we were lied to. We were told the only thing left to do was code the quest for us to obtain the icons.
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 04:04 PM CDT
>>Not unless we were lied to. We were told the only thing left to do was code the quest for us to obtain the icons.

Oh my mistake, I thought you were talking about the code for the current recharge areas.
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 04:08 PM CDT
I thought he was talking about the code to pour flasks on holy weapons.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 04:10 PM CDT
<< Oh my mistake, I thought you were talking about the code for the current recharge areas. >>

Ah, no, the icons themselves. They do exist and several people did receive them years ago. Some were promised them for winning contests and never got them as well. Our guild GMs left before they finished coding our quest to obtain them, but the icons themselves were finished and work and are already used by some guild members.

Obtaining icons has been my number 1 gripe with the guild for a long time. And the few posts I have made on it have not been responded to by anyone official. A status would be nice, ya know?

The flasks are nice though, and I dont want to use them as a reason to complain about holy icons and belittle in any way the work that was put into the flasks.
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 05:14 PM CDT
>Some were promised them for winning contests and never got them as well.

Yeah, about that... Who should the winners of such contests contact to get theirs? I believe I still have the e-mail from the GM at the time somewhere, and can forward it to the necessary person.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"I've always held Elanthia's ultimate end will shortly follow after either an "Oops." or a "Hey, that's neat." from within a Moon Mage guild." ~Z
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/23/2009 08:48 PM CDT
>>Yeah, about that... Who should the winners of such contests contact to get theirs? I believe I still have the e-mail from the GM at the time somewhere, and can forward it to the necessary person.

I was thinking about forwarding mine to Dart (since he seems to have taken an interest in Paladins lately) and Oolan (Team Combat). Otherwise we may just be screwed.

~Thilan
Re: Alabaster Flask 10/24/2009 10:40 AM CDT
>Otherwise we may just be screwed.

Ah well. I can't use the thing anyway. My Paladin is only tenth right now. I need to get her higher.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"I've always held Elanthia's ultimate end will shortly follow after either an "Oops." or a "Hey, that's neat." from within a Moon Mage guild." ~Z