Swappable question 08/09/2009 05:06 AM CDT
Hi. Getting close to doing the quest, and so I went through and read through everything. First off, thank you to the GM's for fixing the Crossing recharging spot, really appreciate it. I just want to get clarification before I do the quest though.. Are swappable weapons usable as holy weapons? I don't care if I lose the swappable status, and the bastard sword just becomes a 2HE sword only (though it'd be better if it did work with the swapping), I just want to know if it'll work as a holy 2HE afterwards.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: Swappable question 08/09/2009 05:10 AM CDT
Am pretty sure you can; though I know a lot of people didn't use forged weapons for quite a while for whatever reason.

If you don't mind my asking (and the real reason I'm posting) what are you hunting in Crossing at those ranks?

Am about to be 54th .. or 55th, and have resigned to chilling in Lang, and traveling to Xing isn't really attractive every X amount of swings.

~Maryhana
Re: Swappable question 08/09/2009 09:28 AM CDT
Swappable weapons that are the style that swap with differant emotes as you gain in skill like a bastard sword are fine for Holy Weapon. both sides will be holy.

Straps do mess with swappable holy weapons.... so don't use straps or don't tie on an remove em very often... I haven't figured out the exact movements that cause the bug to occur... but it can happen pretty easily.

The reason Forged weapons are not the best canidates for Holy weapon is because of the policy concerning replacing lost weapons. If the weapon you lose is a forged one... and you are approved for replacement... they cannot tell exactly what kind of sword you had... and are forced to replace it with a storebought version of appraisal for that weapon.

Now with Paladin's perma bond upon death... and the ability to log yer weapon and save its information in crossing... I would more likely choose a forged weapon than in the past...

I've only ever had my holy weapon leave my hand one time... by a vykathi reaper. Other then that, it stays pretty dern well.

I recomend you use a swappable weapon for your holy... it allows you more diversity with that extra oomph holy weapon provides.
Re: Swappable question 08/09/2009 09:30 AM CDT
Register your holy weapon at the town hall and the trouble for replacing a forged weapon wont be an issue.

- George, Player of Foresee
Re: Swappable question 08/09/2009 02:42 PM CDT
>Register your holy weapon at the town hall and the trouble for replacing a forged weapon wont be an issue.

I was just going to post the same thing. It should work, at least in theory. I'd register it before doing the quest.
Re: Swappable question 08/09/2009 04:58 PM CDT
I'll do that. How do you register? I tried finding it once before out of curiosity, and couldn't figure out where or how.

Re: Swappable question 08/09/2009 05:08 PM CDT
It costs coin. You can find the clerk that registers stuff in the Crossing town hall. I have several items registered: I doubt I would ever be able to get those especial alterations again!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Swappable question 08/09/2009 07:55 PM CDT
<<If you don't mind my asking (and the real reason I'm posting) what are you hunting in Crossing at those ranks?>>

I'm not hunting around Crossing. The reason I'm thankful the charging has been fixed there is during time of invasion. That's the main reason Celeres is hanging out on the mainland anyways, to assist in the war effort. With Crossing fixed, he can recharge there after any attack by the generals or Lyras.