Big thanks to a few Paladins...warning: Long - but read it! 11/14/2008 10:29 AM CST
Greetings everyone!

Being new to the guild I went looking for a place to post my thanks and fortunately found we have a specific folder for it, though it seems a bit sparse as far as recent entries go. Be that as it is, I'm going to post some thank you's right now. If this gets long, well read it anyway because people should take the time to know who is truly representing the guild in positive ways.

Here we go:

1) My first night back in the realms(I was a prior long term(6 years) player but only recently returned after a 6 year absence)) I ran into Glemm and Nikkira. So much has changed in the realms since my prior days that I completely feel new again, which frankly is a great feeling. I was lingering around the guild and Glemm and Nikkira came in and were kind enough to answer any and all questions I could think of at the time, especially those dealing with armor, requirements and spells. I'm sure I asked some pretty simple questions, but as I said things have certainly changed. Both of them responded with kind words and information and took time out of their gaming to help me start to get comfortable in the realms again. Glemm then proceeded to raid his vault and provide me with some decent starting armor, a crossbow and broadsword, and dropped some gold on me as an added bonus. So a huge thanks to both of them for making someone new to the guild feel welcome. I can only think that if I had been brand new to the realms and brand new to the guild the impression they would have made to me would be one that would have made me think I made the right choice in guilds.

2) A week or so later Matalynd, acting as a Mentor, along with Granyt(spelling?) hosted a Paladin teaching night in the guild. Thanks to the two of them and an empath named Heartsfyre(again spelling?) I was able to get my first aid moving along nicely. Plus I had stored up several more questions over the week since I had spoke with Glemm and Nikkira. Again both of them were fantastic in helping me out. As an added thanks to Granyt and Heartsfyre, I had managed to scrape some money together and they were kind enough to purchase me a couple of small items from the recent festival.

3) Yesterday I had occasion to meet Michael. His name was one I had a vague recollection of from my prior playing days, though it was unlikely that we'd ever really met(hey, I was a Ranger and lost most of the time!). I had some downtime to work on some non-combat skills so I naturally went to the guild and found Michael and a cleric named Blodrath. Some teaching ensued and Michael was kind enough to answer some questions for me about titles and spells and armor and um...pretty much everything I'd stocked up in the past week and a half after seeing Matalynd and Granyt. During the course of our conversation a novice Paladin came in and joined the group. He too was a recently returned player and had many questions, which Michael also answered. His armor was pretty much non-existant, consisting of a patchwork something and some gloves. Glemm you'll be happy to know that I did as you asked and having outgrown the armor you gave me I passed it on to this young fellow. However, that is not the point.

Michael had been sitting quietly for awhile while myself and the novice talked. He jumped up, told me to stick around for awhile and then left for 10-15 minutes. By then the novice had left to go explore. Michael came back to the guild, told me to join up as we were going to the forge. I joined him and he took me to the forge where he had been creating plates. Having never been into the forge before and knowing very little about the process he answered more questions from me and then requested my help with the rest of the process. So I was able to act as an assistant for him, getting the plates, placing them on the anvil while he pounded and then back on the forge to stay hot. When it was done he explained the next step of the process and then proceeded to give me some freshly made low weight field plate armor. I know he could have sold it for probably a nice bit of coin, but he gave it to me to replace my polished plate. So I want to say thank you for taking the time to do that. I'd also like to say a big thank you for not only doing that but for involving me in the process. That was very neat and exciting to see something being made and to help out a bit.

Ok, this did turn out to be long, but I did warn you all in advance, twice actually, but I really hope each person who visits the Paladin boards takes the time to read this.

- Froent
Re: Big thanks to a few Paladins...warning: Long - but read it! 11/14/2008 11:29 AM CST
You met some top notch paladins there and I am not surprised by how helpful they were to you. We are not many, but we have some really great folks.

Thanks for taking the time to post stuff like this.

Madigan

When soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a battle-field, they have all one rank in my eyes.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Re: Big thanks to a few Paladins...warning: Long - but read it! 11/14/2008 02:18 PM CST
<<You met some top notch paladins there and I am not surprised by how helpful they were to you. We are not many, but we have some really great folks.

Welcome to our Guild!

Sebestyen
Re: Big thanks to a few Paladins...warning: Long - but read it! 11/18/2008 09:48 PM CST
Madigan said;

"You met some top notch paladins there and I am not surprised by how helpful they were to you. We are not many, but we have some really great folks.

Thanks for taking the time to post stuff like this.

Madigan "

I second his remarks totally

Cheers
Wodie