why i love it 03/28/2004 12:20 AM CST
Right now I'm only a squire, but have been playing DR since its AOL pay-per-hour days. I've played every guild many times over, but keep coming back to being a Paladin. My highest-circled characters all were Paladins, highest-ranked all Paladins. This guild I think is the most personally rewarding, and alot of you guys, Redarch, Relayer, Krymson, Michael, I've seen walking around for longer than I can remember.

I know this is the "complaints" folder, but I just wanted to give my two cents on this guild. Sure barbs kill faster, and rangers, and thieves, and whatnot, but when you walk down Truffienyi Place or whatever street in the Crossing wearing your Paladin title wear it proudly, because you can be 90% certain that the next person walking down the street isn't going to be one of us, and it just goes to show dedication and commitment. It's disheartening when you're a Ranger or Warmie to see every other person in any room wearing a title higher than yours of the same guild, and to know that every person that walks out of the CG is heading straight for your guildhall. We have one of the few guilds that a new player can make a name for him/herself in, one of the few that doesn't blind newcomers and halfwits with spectacular abilities, and one that doesn't hide the fact that in order to make it far you need alot more than a few hours casting fire shard at whatever creature. You higher Paladins should be proud. I'll be proud when I make it there too.

Page Vashaal
Follower of Hav'roth
Paladin in Training.
re: why i love it 03/28/2004 11:46 AM CST
<<this is the guild I'm most proud to be a member of. That's all.>>

And it was a good post. Not sure why someone decided to start throwing isults at you. I have to agree with you. To my knowledged there are more long-time Paladins out there than any other guild. Although this may be biased as I am a Paladin and tend to associate with my own <g>

--Just a "clueless" Squire
re: why i love it 03/28/2004 11:58 AM CST
>>>And it was a good post. Not sure why someone decided to start throwing isults at you.

Probably because the post is in the complaints folder.

Blue Fire
re: why i love it 03/28/2004 12:02 PM CST
<<Probably because the post is in the complaints folder.>>

Good point. However, my guess is its because its posted on the Play.net boards <g>

--Just a "clueless" Squire
re: why i love it 03/29/2004 06:24 AM CST
Little off topic here, but who cares. Ive been a Paladin since early 97'. I tried having an empath on a seperate account for my own use, but quite honestly I found it to be the most boring and unforgiving job and guild in the realms. I eventually left his carcass to rot where it last dropped. Hats off to those who are empaths tho. All in all tho, being a Paladin was my first choice right out of the CG, and I have never once looked back or regretted my decision.

Ummm...complaint...ok.

I havent circled since the guild req changes went live, still playing catchup, so Im complaining about that. Have a nice day everyone.

Konnor

The trouble with using experience as a guide is that the final exam often comes first and then the lesson. ~Author Unknown
re: why i love it 03/30/2004 10:59 PM CST
Paladin in this character since just after the last database reset in February 1996. Not sure how much it counts for anymore since I so rarely have time to play, but I guess I'm still paying to be a guildmember, so...

And I've played most other guilds aside from thief and trader, and have to agree that of what is available, Paladins are the only ones I could be happy, and perhaps even proud, of being.

The original post was excellent.

Glenlivet the creeky