Slaris 01/02/2004 12:35 AM CST
Just want to give major props to Slaris for beating the crap outta me today.

Ecoles
Interim Vice-Speaker
http://home.earthlink.net/~rezillo/
Re: Slaris 01/02/2004 01:14 AM CST
Slaris is a heck of a fighter, thats for sure.

Samsaren Remlane
Remember those that came before, remember honor.
Re: Slaris 01/02/2004 04:32 AM CST
You could have at least added the part where I saved the empaths life. :P

The empath that was healing ecoles did that 'in shock and dying' thing. One glyph of ease later, she was able to cast whatever and fix her vitality.

I hadn't even thought of that before, but I guess it makes sense. Learn something new everyday.
Re: Slaris 01/02/2004 04:41 AM CST
I'll have to remember the Ease trick, good call.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Slaris 01/02/2004 08:54 AM CST
Slaris, explain again what you did? With that snipit you posted, it appears the empath was in that crazy new state of in shock and the GoE pulled her out?

Thanks in advance.

Madigan
Re: Slaris 01/02/2004 09:21 AM CST
>Slaris, explain again what you did? With that snipit you posted, it appears the empath was in that crazy new state of in shock and the GoE pulled her out?

Yep, exactly. Then I immensely couraged both of us. The empath went into that 'shock and is dying' state. Either GoE has a nice boost to vitality, which I think it does (tired to full health) or we got really lucky with vit pulses.
Re: Slaris 01/02/2004 10:12 AM CST
You got lucky.

GoE only helps fatigue.

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com/libraryindex.html

Re: Slaris 01/02/2004 12:02 PM CST
<<You got lucky.

GoE only helps fatigue.>>

Does fatigue have anything to do with the dying and in shock status?

Thanks in advance.

Madigan
Re: Slaris 01/02/2004 12:59 PM CST
Fatigue makes it impossible for them to get a healing spell cast.. however, fixing their fatigue while they are in shock.. doesn't normally bring them out of the "shock" state.. that's why PB said he got lucky.. musta got a vit pulse from the huge courage just in time for the empath to come outta shock and cast a healing spell.

Huge courage, then GoE, then got lucky with a vit pulse from Courage to bring em outta shock, so they could cast the healing spell that GoE's effects let them get off successfully. Right combination, in the right order, and luck for the pulse to come when it did.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. careful!
Re: Slaris 01/02/2004 01:33 PM CST
>Right combination, in the right order, and luck for the pulse to come when it did.

I'll take lucky over good anyday. I saved an empath .. um, from saving Ecoles. <grin>
Re: Slaris 01/02/2004 08:46 PM CST
Great match Slaris, not sure where that hit came from, but damn it hurt. Next time I have a tourney with the fellas, you gotta come :D

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Slaris 01/08/2004 01:20 PM CST
You did that to an empath Slaris? I hope you don't think im an empath.

Oh and he removed my head last time we sparred. and beatin me senseless in our past 15 spars.

Kolaisa

Wait we can't stop here! This is bat country!
Re: Slaris 01/08/2004 03:04 PM CST
I'm not so sure that GoE only does fatigue. I glyphed another that was in shock and dying, but couldn't courage, because her damn hand kept slipping out of mine - so I couldn't get her in my group - I dragged from leucs to martyr and the gal lived. I'd buy getting lucky once, but thats a long drag.

>Oh and he removed my head last time we sparred. and beatin me senseless in our past 15 spars.

Wait til I hit 50th. :D
Re: Slaris 01/10/2004 01:23 AM CST
If the person's not bleeding there won't be a problem.

The Dying status happens when vitality hits a certain point, but when that happens, fatigue is the one that is tanked. When a hit is taken in dying mode, the vitality drops to below the 0 mark and the person dies.

When fatigue is restored, the dying status is removed. But the vitality remains.

That is what's causing you to see the effects you are seeing Slaris.

For any proof, look at a dying person, you will see something to the effect of "This person is dead tired"

Ecoles
Interim Vice-Speaker
http://home.earthlink.net/~rezillo/