Soul atonement 08/06/2003 12:42 AM CDT
Hello, long story short: I am new to the game and an empath friend asked me to hit him so he could practice healing. I knew stealing and killing were off limits but I didnt know I couldnt hit.

Did it once, never stole or even tried to. My soul is deathly grey.

I spent all night getting to Theren (the only thing I know was to go to Theren). Once im here every person I ask does not know where or what to do. I also know that I do a puzzle but no puzzle can be found.

I asked the guild leader about: key, atonement, attone, paladin, paladins, soul ect.. ect..

Nothing seems to be working, any help?
Re: Soul atonement 08/06/2003 01:12 AM CDT
Umm... you only need to go to Theren if you steal.

You can just use the ordinary means of regaining soul for first strike like this. Tend, tithe, etc.

In the future, make sure you CHALLENGE before striking someone. You don't lose soul in a challenge.

Cavalier Calemnon
Re: Soul atonement 08/06/2003 04:28 PM CDT
In addition to what Calemnon said, since you are in Theren, find a cleric.. take him/her up to the Chapel, the room east of the Paladin Leader's Office, on the Altar is the Book of Chadatru. Have the cleric read it to you and you should get a soul boost also. That, plus tending and tithing should eventually get your soul back in shape.

Redarch