Go Dalimor 11/26/2002 09:47 PM CST
A young paladin named Dalimor was kind enough to agree to teach me a bit I need to circle. When he needed to head down to Shard, he offered to allow me to accompany him so we did not need to interupt the lesson. We filled the trip down with an indepth discussion of the ethics of the use of magic in combat against foes without similar means, the right or lack thereof we had to 'hunt' unintelligent creatures, the morality of goblinkind and trolls, and a variety of similar topics. I've been in the realms since '96, on and off, and I have to say it was THE BEST role-playing I've seen in all the time I've been here. It was a blast and I wish it was a far more common occurance. I only wish players could give our exp awards... sigh. But anywho, props to Dalimor for some great play.

Yven and assorted others, very impressed.
Re: Go Dalimor 11/26/2002 10:06 PM CST
>I only wish players could give our exp awards... sigh.

You can. Type RPA help.

Litharius
Re: Go Dalimor 11/26/2002 10:17 PM CST
>>I only wish players could give our exp awards... sigh

You just gave Dalimor one of your role-playing awards!

Done.
Re: Go Dalimor 11/26/2002 10:17 PM CST
As far as i can tell, I can give him one of mine (but I don't have one) Is there a way I can let the GMs know to look over his history and maybe award him one?
Re: Go Dalimor 11/26/2002 10:20 PM CST
>As far as i can tell, I can give him one of mine (but I don't have one) Is there a way I can let the GMs know to look over his history and maybe award him one?

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it is encouraged to use 'report' to alert outstanding RP to the GMs.

Litharius
Re: Go Dalimor 11/26/2002 11:03 PM CST
I gave him one already.

Phtttt.
Re: Go Dalimor 11/27/2002 12:03 PM CST
It is indeed permitted to report good roleplaying as well as troublemakers.

Ryeka
Re: Go Dalimor 11/27/2002 03:09 PM CST
>It is indeed permitted to report good roleplaying as well as troublemakers.

You know, in general, I am a pretty decent role-player, yet no matter how many times I report this I don't get RP awards!

I think I've been black-listed because of my board posts (or I just don't know the right people, or don't hang out with the right people, or don't pay enough money in "extras" to Simu, or can't afford to go to the cons, or don't writen enough BN'ing posts, or don't spend enough time in game, or don't chase events, or <put your favorite outrageous reason for not getting RP awards here>).

Last time I reported what a wonderful RP job I did (trying to convert the Adan'f before putting them to the sword - quite eloquently too!), all I got was a send that said to just "Knock it off!!" - Sheesh! and I thought it was my duty as a Paladin to try to sway the Adan'f away from the path of evil upon which they travel!

<GRINS!!>

Gloryarm