The noble squire 10/01/2002 08:56 AM CDT
I was readin a bit over in the goodbye's and noticed a that a squire was walkin away for a bit. Immediately this brought this incident to mind I hope ye don't mind me sharin it with ye folks...
This humble cleric was takin a ferry trip home one day, I had just spent most of my energy gettin this empath back up, and was sittin on the ferry talkin a bit with this squire that i knew, we always stoped to exchange a pleasant word or two be it in shard on lang or where ever we happened to meet and i have to admit i did like the squire's style he was always quick to aid anyone. There was a fellow in the shadows who i didn't know that well that took issue with me about a run in a had with a fellow shadow guild member. I leaned heavy on me cane and was tryin to get to me feet when the squire without thought for his self moved over to guard me. He politely asked the fellow hidin in the shadows to back off a moment. The fellow in the shadows told him that he did nay know who he was dealin with. Lennon pointed him out so I could better see him with me weak eyes as he moved to pole range on me. I was on me knees, sayin me prayers and hopin I could rise back to me feet while i was pantin. as the thief moved to melee on me, the squire stepped between him and I without a thought to his own safety... as to what happened next the thief took a swing, the squire draw out his sword, the thiefy swings again and the squire swings once and the fight ends.

This was not an isolated incident for this squire, he lived his whole life accordin to a code of honor I could never achieve or even get close too. I was in awe of his sense of duty and honor, there is a few more with this sense of honor out there, but not many. I see his leaveing as great loss not just to the Paladins but to all of us. I shall always remember the countless, thankless noble deads I have seen ye do Lennon, my prayers go with ye. May Chadatru always grant ye the strength to follow the righteous path.

Cadderrly