Silver armor? 08/12/2010 08:29 PM CDT
What happens when you pound out a set of armor made of solid silver? Aside from the fact that it would'nt protect well and would weigh a ton, would you at least get the benefit of others seeing you in a suit of solid-silver armor? Would be nice if we could forge decorative suits of armor....

Player of Aspasia Darkbrook, Defender of the Faith, Paladin of Ilithi.

<<Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the presence of justice.>>
Re: Silver armor? 08/12/2010 08:46 PM CDT
I don't know if this applies to armor, but a couple of times I tried forging silver broadswords. The silver didn't appear in the tap consistently.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Silver armor? 08/12/2010 10:13 PM CDT
It comes out like any other forged piece of armor, only it is really bad.

Madigan
Re: Silver armor? 08/13/2010 03:09 AM CDT
certain forgable bars and nuggets from before the change to gems could be used to make armors that would have absolutely horrible physical attributes but were near impervious to fire ice and electricity... I never nailed down exactly what caused this, but I have been unable to duplicate it with the new bars and nuggets.

Wish I had kept a few sets I had made... they may have ended up being quite practical.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>ask rangu about hair
Rangu scratches his bald head and says, "I don't have any idea what you are asking me about."
>
Re: Silver armor? 08/13/2010 09:09 AM CDT
<<certain forgable bars and nuggets from before the change to gems could be used to make armors that would have absolutely horrible physical attributes but were near impervious to fire ice and electricity... I never nailed down exactly what caused this, but I have been unable to duplicate it with the new bars and nuggets.

There is a thread on silver armor from around 2002 in this folder (you can actually find it with a google search) and we did pretty high percentages of silver in mixes. They were horrible. In short, our experiments did not pan out like yours did apparently.

Madigan
Re: Silver armor? 08/13/2010 05:16 PM CDT
I'd still like to see us being able to forge sets of Dress Armor, ornate or whatever... made from solid silver or other precious metals... Maybe app like crap, but look fancy.

Player of Aspasia Darkbrook, Defender of the Faith, Paladin of Ilithi.

Re: Silver armor? 08/13/2010 05:30 PM CDT
>>I'd still like to see us being able to forge sets of Dress Armor, ornate or whatever... made from solid silver or other precious metals... Maybe app like crap, but look fancy.

This may become possible with the advent of the new crafting systems.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Silver armor? 08/14/2010 06:56 AM CDT
With embellishment from a master Artist you could get some pretty awesome looking tin cans, I expect.

This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went "Durp durp." - Armifer
Re: Silver armor? 08/14/2010 03:43 PM CDT
Being able to personalize our armor sounds like a crazy good idea! I mean seeing as Paladins are the Armor guild, why not give us an unique ability to artisticly alter armor?

I can imagine working up a set of freshly forged silver armor with some some unique acid etching, personalized with images and decorations, and such. Call me foo-foo... but it sounds flashy. Something you can wear to the Paladin ball-dance... :P

Player of Aspasia Darkbrook, Defender of the Faith, Paladin of Ilithi

Re: Silver armor? 08/14/2010 06:36 PM CDT
>>Call me foo-foo

Foo-foo.

-Landros
Re: Silver armor? 08/14/2010 09:47 PM CDT
Paladins have a ball? With all that armor.. sounds a bit dangerous. Best have empaths available.
Re: Silver armor? 08/15/2010 04:40 PM CDT
You can take your current armor say 'some field plate armor' to knife clan and pay 1 gold kronar to have it dyed. If you choose the gleaming silver color then your 'some field plate armor' would turn out as 'some gleaming silver armor'. It would no longer show that it is field plate, just armor. Below is a link of the colors. You can dye all your metal armor and weapons to match.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Knife_Clan_Metal_Dyer

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."