Fitting Hinderance/Weight 06/16/2010 08:34 AM CDT
Does fitting armor for reduced hinderance or weight ultimately impact the rest of the protective stats on a piece of forged armor? I seem to recall that this happened to me once, unless I just appraised it wrong, and haven't been too keen to spend the time forging to test it again, only to have it mess up.

If it doesn't, then what is the ideal amoount of fitting you should do? Just keep going until you can't anymore?

Thanks

Belea

Re: Fitting Hinderance/Weight 06/16/2010 10:41 AM CDT
<<Does fitting armor for reduced hinderance or weight ultimately impact the rest of the protective stats on a piece of forged armor?

It hurts the stats. Don't ever fit except fit final. Basically it was the paladin idea of "grinding" that barbarians enjoy but was never developed, or is so buggy was developed wrong.

In short, it doesn't work and don't use it.

Madigan
Re: Fitting Hinderance/Weight 06/16/2010 11:10 AM CDT
<<Does fitting armor for reduced hinderance or weight ultimately impact the rest of the protective stats on a piece of forged armor?

After you put your chain/plate in water, you can app it and see 'what should' happen before you fit final. Fitting for hinderance or weight will affect those apps.

>>Madigan>never use it

Your first test using apps as above would catch you up to Magidan's conclusion.

BAILOUTS
From each according to his ability, to each according to his lack thereof.
Re: Fitting Hinderance/Weight 06/16/2010 11:16 AM CDT
<Madigan & Praxis>

Awesome, that's what I thought (in regards to the stats, not the dev side of things), and you both have saved me much frustration. Thanks!

Re: Fitting Hinderance/Weight 06/16/2010 02:30 PM CDT
If I remember correctly, fitting for either weight or hinderance reduces the protection value vs puncture, slice, AND impact damage, making it an incredibly poor trade-off. Fitting weight is really silly since there's minimum weights that you can achieve simply by mixing properly. There's theoretically a place for fitting hinderance if you were making a starter set of armor for a very low level character, but it wouldn't be good armor.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.