Pounding RT 03/03/2010 03:46 PM CST
I'm just curious, I spent a little time in the forge today and it's been a long time since I've done that. I was able to get my roundtime down to 12 with HES up (from 20, that means it's an 8 point strength boost right?). What is the minimum RT for pounding?

-Guardian Lord Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: Pounding RT 03/03/2010 03:53 PM CST
Isn't it 0 RT with 70 effective strength? This is with 100% fatigue. I thought 70 - each strength point was your RT. Its been soe long, I don't know anymore, perhaps someone else knows better.
Re: Pounding RT 03/03/2010 03:55 PM CST
That could well be, I'm not sure either. I didn't figure the RT would completely disappear but that sure would be nice.

Re: Pounding RT 03/03/2010 03:55 PM CST
I've wondered about that. Does Cop have 99 strength? I've been told the RT is flat 70 minus STR, but no one specifically said anything about whether or not that still applies at high levels.

As i recall extreme high levels the problem isn't the RT but the fatigue.
Re: Pounding RT 03/03/2010 03:56 PM CST
>>As i recall extreme high levels the problem isn't the RT but the fatigue.

That would make sense if there is 0 RT I suppose.

Re: Pounding RT 03/03/2010 04:02 PM CST
>>That could well be, I'm not sure either. I didn't figure the RT would completely disappear but that sure would be nice.

70 or 75 effective strength one of the two. I can attest that it does completely disappear.
Re: Pounding RT 03/03/2010 04:03 PM CST
I have 99 strength. I believe when I last tried to forge, I was getting 0 rt, as long as my fatigue was 100%.
Re: Pounding RT 03/03/2010 04:57 PM CST
>I have 99 strength. I believe when I last tried to forge, I was getting 0 rt, as long as my fatigue was 100%.

Could you elaborate a little more? Does this imply 70 strength is the maximum benefit you can receive with regards to RT? i.e. if you were at 90% fatigue your RT would be the same whehter you had 70 str or 99 str?
Re: Pounding RT 03/03/2010 05:05 PM CST
Yes, I think if you have 90% fatigue the rt is the same with any strength over 70. Someone else may correct me though as I am not certain. I just know that I always wait for 100% fatigue before next pound, unless its the last pound then its always 5 seconds. the thing is, you wait so long for your fatigue to raise back up, you might as well be in RT. :) some folks use zypher I think though to help with that.
Re: Pounding RT 03/03/2010 05:06 PM CST
>>I have 99 strength. I believe when I last tried to forge, I was getting 0 rt, as long as my fatigue was 100%.

I have 55 and dancing bear I get 0 rt. I believe it's been like that since I've had 50 str
Re: Pounding RT 03/03/2010 06:13 PM CST
You need 70 effective strength to get 0 RT pounding with full stamina. With 99 strength, I found that I needed at least 70% of my stamina to retain the 0 RT pound.

The final pound always gives 5 seconds of RT.

Strength also determines the amount of progress you make per pound, so raising strength is always beneficial when it comes to forging.

If only agility reduced the grinding RT...
Re: Pounding RT 03/04/2010 03:59 AM CST
70 equivalent for 0rt. AND the more strenght you have, the less pounds it takes to complete a weapon.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss