Full plate armor 02/07/2003 04:56 AM CST
I just noticed that no one makes full plate armor, how do these tend to come out? (Besides very heavy.)

Dragoonseal
Re: Full plate armor 02/07/2003 05:41 AM CST
Same as field plate is what I heard. But it's a good idea to pound one out to see how it goes by myself now so I'll see what I can do and post something about it.

Armorer Phanton
Re: Full plate armor 02/07/2003 05:46 AM CST
Cool beans, I'd appreciate if ya did that sometime. I'm assuming they have a higher cap, I don't think they can cover anymore then a field plate does.

Dragoonseal
Re: Full plate armor 02/07/2003 09:53 AM CST
Full Plate armor seams to have higher potential for protection/absorbtion at higher weights then field plate but since HP armor is locked at great absorbtion. Full Plate armor seams to be stuck to very little use do to weight issues.

Crusader Taghz
Re: Full plate armor 02/07/2003 01:20 PM CST
Field plate and full plate makes the same thing , at the same density, cept it has 4 bars more weight because of the higher volume needed to complete. I am under the assumption that the problems and discrepnecies of armors should be taken care of in Smithing 2.0. Now it is much like everything else, a waiting game.

Clynlyn

http://www.annotatedboredom.com/houseofownzing

-There are no winners. Just smelly people.
Full plate armor sucks (Or maybe it's just me...) 04/25/2011 10:37 AM CDT
Ok, so a friend asked me to make a set of full plate. No worries, right? Argh. Only request was that I keep in between 800-900 stones, closer to 800 if possible.

Before I get in to details of my last week of pain, I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to get great slice protection on full plate armor in that weight range?

2) Assuming it is (I think I've seen it before) is this piece hard enough to make that this might actually be a skill issue?

I'm assuming it's all mix issues but before I make ANY more mixes I want to make sure my previous attempts really failed because my mixes sucked and not because I'm just incapable of getting that one stat up higher.

For reference, every set I've made, ranging from 740 stones to 930, have all had the exact same app:

You feel certain that some full plate armor appears to impose great maneuvering hindrance and insane stealth hindrance, offering:
high protection and great damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high protection and great damage absorption for slice attacks.
moderate protection and great damage absorption for impact attacks.
good protection and high damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate protection and high damage absorption for cold attacks.
poor protection and high damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing some full plate armor you could expect your maneuvering to be minimally hindered and your stealth to be somewhat hindered.

You are certain that the full plate armor is a bit safeguarded against damage, and are in pristine condition.

-Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin! (
Re: Full plate armor sucks (Or maybe it's just me...) 04/25/2011 10:51 AM CDT
I know Field Plate can hit these stats at 800 stone:

> app armor careful

The field plate armor is heavy plate.

The armor looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right arm
left arm
right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that some field plate armor appears to impose great (6/8) maneuvering hindrance and insane (8/8) stealth hindrance, offering:
high (6/11) protection and great (7/11) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
great (7/11) protection and great (7/11) damage absorption for slice attacks.
moderate (4/11) protection and great (7/11) damage absorption for impact attacks.
good (5/11) protection and high (6/11) damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate (4/11) protection and high (6/11) damage absorption for cold attacks.
poor (1/11) protection and high (6/11) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing some field plate armor your maneuvering would be somewhat hindered and your stealth would be very hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently moderately hindered and your stealth is highly hindered.

You are certain that the field plate armor is a bit safeguarded against damage (10/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The field plate armor is made with metal.
You are certain that the field plate armor weighs exactly 800 stones.
You are certain that the field plate armor is worth exactly 3800 lirums.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Full plate armor sucks (Or maybe it's just me...) 04/25/2011 10:52 AM CDT
How much dust are you putting into the mix at the end, you may have to overdust to get to great slice protection at that weight.
Re: Full plate armor sucks (Or maybe it's just me...) 04/25/2011 12:59 PM CDT
<<1) Is it possible to get great slice protection on full plate armor in that weight range?

Yes. Lower actually.

As long as you have around 200 FF, you can hit it. Just do what Ederick said. It is a mixing issue.

Madigan
Re: Full plate armor sucks (Or maybe it's just me...) 04/25/2011 01:08 PM CDT
Ok, thank you for all the responses.

I've been sticking to the 1/80 ratio for these mixes for end dust. So in most of these attempts it's been 10, give or take. I can certainly try more :D

Thanks for the answers, though. I absolutely don't mind trying over and over to get it right, as long as I know it's possible...lol

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Full plate armor sucks (Or maybe it's just me...) 04/25/2011 02:05 PM CDT
Not sure how much more dust you should add, try out 25 or so dusts and see how it works out.
Re: Full plate armor sucks (Or maybe it's just me...) 04/25/2011 02:23 PM CDT
I'll give it a shot when I get back in the forge tonight and let you know what happens. Thanks again!

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Full plate armor sucks (Or maybe it's just me...) 04/25/2011 02:59 PM CDT
Yeah, that is a weapon making thing. Forget it when dealing with HC or HP. Dust the bejibbers out of it.

Madigan