20 years later - checking in 02/14/2021 12:30 PM CST
Hi Paladins, Rock Loyalheart here, checking in.

About 20 years ago I was a well known Paladin around here. I did a bunch of stuff like mass constitution boosts in town, aggravate bullies, and founded the Apostles which lead an army in a war. I tortured little thief punks for sure. A few types of activities and stat combinations were more than anyone at the time I believe. I was big on shield and magic at a time when that was mocked. Just wearing armor was mocked. I was in early enough to get a few special items - like my demonic and bloody two handed sword named Betsy.

I went to VegasCon about 20 or so years ago. It would be nice to say hi to the few people I remember from it. One lady brought me pop tarts because in the forums I had mentioned liking them :) I remember one person was mad at my character in the forums and stayed mad at me through the entire event!

I don't expect ANYONE to know or remember me. I just thought it would be fun to stop in and say hi on the off chance.

- Old Man Rock
Re: 20 years later - checking in 02/15/2021 02:15 AM CST
Welcome back! My character always looked up to you as a leader in the guild. In addition to shield and magic, I remember you always promoting the power of Lead and trying to get others to use it more. Seeing you here brings back great memories of the old wars when everyone was working together. Glad to see you around again!
Re: 20 years later - checking in 02/15/2021 07:28 AM CST
Hey Rock! It's great hearing from you again! You have met me in several of my personas. Give a yell and I'll try to jump in game for a visit!

Ryeka and company

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: 20 years later - checking in 02/15/2021 08:58 AM CST
Hey there! Wow, I didn't expect anyone around here to remember. Thanks for that. It seems I made a duplicate post that has replies I can't access so hopefully they post here. I am finding this message board to be odd to use, but maybe that's just me. Anyway, there definitely was a lot of working together. Has that changed a lot? I literally haven't been in the game for 20 years and am curious how the culture has changed.
Re: 20 years later - checking in 02/15/2021 08:59 AM CST
Hi ... was Ryeka your name 20 years ago? Sounds familiar. Thanks for the nice welcome ...
Re: 20 years later - checking in 02/15/2021 08:25 PM CST
>>Hi ... was Ryeka your name 20 years ago? Sounds familiar. Thanks for the nice welcome ...

It was the name I usually went by. Sometimes I was Doryaa too.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: 20 years later - checking in 02/16/2021 07:06 AM CST
>I am finding this message board to be odd to use

The boards are dead, come join us on discord!
https://discordapp.com/invite/012CV9CNB6YximtAZ

I "grew up" hearing stories of Rock and his exploits. Welcome back!

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: 20 years later - checking in 02/16/2021 08:12 AM CST
Thanks ... is the GME dead as well? I used have blast torturing people in the boards. Will check you out on discord now. I am new to discord. The only reason I even have an account on it recently is because My brothers and I (one who used to play Dragonrealms by the name of Kerrakus, a barbarian) are launching a tabletop game this year (Summon Guardians) that we've been working on since 1988 .. Anyway, will go check out discord, thanks!
Re: 20 years later - checking in 02/16/2021 08:35 AM CST
Woo, I'm in at Discord. Thanks again