Clarity should boost Perception 03/14/2018 02:24 AM CDT

It really seems like Clarity ought to be boosting perception. It would help in PVP against stealth and range combat. I always find myself at a disadvantage against surival primary guilds; Necro's and thieves in particular. Which we ought to be well equipped to deal with. It would seem to make sense in RP being Shadow Bane's, we ought to be able to find those hiding and planning theft, backstabbing, or attacking from the shadows.

I think we lack in skill boosts in general, and as survival terts our perception skills just can't handle the stealth skills of players decades lower in circle.

Thoughts?
Re: Clarity should boost Perception 03/14/2018 06:06 AM CDT
>>I think we lack in skill boosts in general, and as survival terts our perception skills just can't handle the stealth skills of players decades lower in circle.

If it helps at all, I don't think you had GoL up when you combat logged on me.
Re: Clarity should boost Perception 03/14/2018 10:54 AM CDT

>>If it helps at all, I don't think you had GoL up when you combat logged on me.

Was he using watch before he combat logged?
Re: Clarity should boost Perception 03/14/2018 11:44 AM CDT

>>Was he using watch before he combat logged?

Yes. Which leads me to believe that his perception is just low for his combat level, tert or not.
Re: Clarity should boost Perception 03/14/2018 12:05 PM CDT
I was watching, and you're right, i wasn't using GoL on our recent encounter. But i did try it the first time and it didn't seem to help. I don't think my perception is low for my circle, it isn't a circle requirement of course but i train it hard. It's approaching 1k, maybe that is low, but would be surprised if that's considered low for my circle.
Re: Clarity should boost Perception 03/14/2018 12:15 PM CDT

For a tert skill where you hunt, it's absolutely low. I'd expect 1100 or 1200 terts in archons.
Re: Clarity should boost Perception 03/15/2018 07:05 AM CDT
>It would help in PVP against stealth and range combat. I always find myself at a disadvantage against surival primary guilds

Not saying paladins shouldn't get a perc booster, but thematically and mechanically, as a survival prime (a skillset with no stand-alone damage dealing skill) shouldn't the go-to against a paladin be to contest tert skills as much as possible? You should feel disadvantaged contesting your perception against prime stealth, the same way that I'd feel disadvantaged contesting my TM (tert) against your shield (prime).

Also there's no better perception booster in game (or skill booster period) that compares to `watch`. It easily breaks global caps. If `watch` didn't let you see a stealther, no guild skill boost will. You'll have to use one of the myriad other methods for removing stealth that don't require perception.

~Hunter Hanryu
>playing the tiny violin for rangers
Re: Clarity should boost Perception 03/15/2018 11:31 AM CDT
GoL is sub-par in a few different ways and is on The List for revision. I actually like the messaging and the concept doesn't bug me, it probably just needs a numbers pass.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino