A Paladin wishlist 09/28/2017 12:22 PM CDT
Hello GMs. I have some questions, suggestions and requests for development of the guild that I would appreciate getting feedback on please. It would help the players get a feel for the direction you are looking to take the guild in.

Info Requests:

Asceticism - What is the latest with the ideas for the guild skill and is this a work in progress or in the planning phase? Any information on this would be very appreciated.

Holy Weapons - https://elanthipedia.play.net/Holy_weapon

Elanthipedia states that holy weapons benefit from an increased chance to hit and increased damage against all foes but how much of an actual increase is it? I know PAFO is kinda the policy but the player base wants transparency. A real example with results would be great.

Spell Requests:

A metaspell/spell to get an evasion buff - I don't understand why the metaspell to Sentinel's Resolve was changed to remove the evasion buff. Multiple guilds have access to shield usage and evasion buffs so I'm at a loss at why the guild most based on defense would not have this. The lack evasion of evasion buff is most felt at higher ranks and this addition would provide a great improvement to the guild. I don't feel sorcery should be the solution to this.

Our anti DFA spell - The last I remember hearing was that Armifer liked the idea but I haven't anything about it since. Any plans to create this spell?

Righteous Wrath - This used to have, even if it was reduced, a ranged buff. Is there anyway a metaspell can be created to give this back?

Soldier's Prayer - Yeah, this spell could use a prayer or two. Maybe this could be adjusted to be a more powerful version of Lay Ward that used spirit health to empower it. This would make the spell more effective and give paladins a reason to use it.

Thanks for reading through this and for any feedback you can provide.
Re: A Paladin wishlist 09/28/2017 04:16 PM CDT

Since we're adding requests, I'd put in a request for a thorns spell or set of abilities. Reactive damage. The better you block, the more you hurt the target.
Re: A Paladin wishlist 09/28/2017 06:27 PM CDT
>>Soldier's Prayer - Yeah, this spell could use a prayer or two. Maybe this could be adjusted to be a more powerful version of Lay Ward that *used spirit health* to empower it. This would make the spell more effective and give paladins a reason to use it.

Gads no. TR already uses spirit for it's primary effect and that makes it..problematic to use for any duration. Without a decent way to recover Spirit, that would turn this spell from a 'okay, I keep it for PvP' to, 'great, I can drop this to use the spell slots elsewhere'.

The "Barrier Review" tm is still MUCH needed, and is supposed to be the gateway or include another pass at spell wards/barriers. As a whole, the entire system (not just SP, but all such) aren't really in the best place right now.

Samsaren
Re: A Paladin wishlist 09/29/2017 07:00 PM CDT

> TR already uses spirit for it's primary effect and that makes it

That's an interesting idea though. Soldier's prayer could buffer that spirit hit. Taking the damage instead of your spirit while it ablates, basically turned into a soul ward + lay ward combo.