Where to go with stats? 02/23/2017 09:42 PM CST
Howdy all, 50th paladin wondering where I can most effectively spend TDPs in the near term. I train every weapon type(getting very close to 100 in all) and all armors, but prefer heavy devastating 2 handed weapons. I am also a dwarf.

Strength : 32 +5 Reflex : 32 +4
Agility : 32 Charisma : 17
Discipline : 34 Wisdom : 32
Intelligence : 33 Stamina : 34 +4

Concentration : 392 Max : 392

Favors : 17
TDPs : 569
Encumbrance : None
Luck : Average

Thanks for any advice!
Re: Where to go with stats? 02/23/2017 10:46 PM CST
I keep mine pretty close aside from charisma on most of my characters till closer to 50-60 points. Keep in mind the higher your stats are that your spells buff, the higher the actual buff will be. Keep in mind debilitations and such you want to excel at or defense against and go from there.
Re: Where to go with stats? 02/23/2017 10:48 PM CST

If you don't have min RT or are experiencing fatigue issues, I'd take care of that first. After, I like to give SvS stats priority over others. In your case, I'd probably bring up char to 20, then follow a 3/2/1 ratio, where I'd raise Int, Wis and stam (since dwarf) by 3; reflex, agi, str and disc 2; 1 char. In other words, for every 9 points in wis, stam and intel, I'd add 6 to the other physical stats + disc and 3 to char.

That's just me. I know others would disagree with keeping disc so low, but I never found too much of a benefit to keeping it higher than the rest, even with the racial bonus. That said, I'd take disc to 100 before agi. In fact, I'd stop training agi around 70 and focus on getting intel, wis, stam, reflex, disc and str to 100 at that point, roughly in that order. Again, others may disagree but that worked best for me in PvP.
Re: Where to go with stats? 02/23/2017 11:42 PM CST
Since you like huge two-handed weapons, achieving minimum roundtime will be focused more on strength (suitability) than agility (balance). I'd also recommend a hearty heaping of stamina to keep you from needing frequent pauses to let your fatigue recharge.

Past that point, do you have any interest in PvP? The premier Paladin spells are Halt (contested mind v. willpower) and Stun Foe (contested magic v. fortitude). Magic tertiary makes it difficult to land high-success debuffs against opponents at level, so if you're interested in that you're going to need to boost intelligence/discipline/wisdom.

With your dwarven bonus I'd consider making discipline a god-stat and keeping it as high as your strength and stamina. If you're not interested in PvP much, I would say pump strength/stamina significantly higher than the others, but don't keep any single stat embarrassingly low.
Re: Where to go with stats? 02/24/2017 04:20 AM CST
I'm going to have to agree with the others - Min RT for your weapons is a huge first step. After that, I've always been a fan of balance, personally, and suggest bringing everything up together. For better or worse, we have a use for each stat in our day to day. Keeping all your stats balanced also helps future proof you, if/when anything changes or new stuff is released.

You can try to get a little clever and focus on physicals and the mentals behind one style of debil contest but it lowers your potential options. Even Charisma, which is easy to make a dump stat, has a place for us. Though I'll fully admit, it was my second to last to 100.

Samsaren