ON TEST - Magic Changes [Paladins] 03/27/2016 11:47 AM CDT
I've just rolled out a number of major changes to Paladin magic on the test server only!

The previously announced changes to magic are all live for Paladin spells. In brief, these include:

1) Mana now recovers at a linear rate (This is live on test for everyone, and has been for awhile).

2) Debilitation and TM spells have had their mana costs drastically altered (These are generally reductions, AoE TM is the main exception) and backlash rates reduced.

3) Mana costs, difficulty and backlashes have been re-balanced and standardized for all spells. Additionally we've added a 5th 'tier' of spell difficulty.

Old TierNew Tier
IntroIntro
BasicBasic
AdvancedIntermediate
EsotericAdvanced
N/AEsoteric

At this time Paladins have no Esoteric spells, but it gives us room to grow (Riftal Summons is the only spell in this general range right now.)

4) Reduced slot cost for AoE TM/Debil spells.

5) Improved effectiveness of AoE TM spells (this has been on test for a few days).

See http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Abilities,%20Skills%20and%20Magic/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/427 for full details of the system wide magic changes.

Finally, there are some specific spell updates I made while making all the other adjustments:

Courage - Cleaned up the recast messaging.
Holy Warrior - Now uses the Utility skill (as well as Warding).
Smite Horde - Reduced to 1 slot.

There's a fair bit more I want to do for Paladin magic but I don't want to entangle additional projects in what is already a large project. I also need to get a better feel for where the rest of the moving parts are for Paladins before I do significant revision to their magic.

I very much want feedback on these changes and appreciate your help with all of this. I will again ask that we focus on keeping the conversations civil and productive - something I believe we did a very good job when this discussion was initially started.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things