What requires Pristine? 02/04/2017 07:45 PM CST
So, my next question is, what abilities require Pristine soul?

Right now the range is too large, but to add more discrete messaging, I need to know what all requires it to be at a certain point.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: What requires Pristine? 02/04/2017 07:57 PM CST
For the most part, top end Pristine isn't required except for Protect Self. That said, being at the top provides the largest power pool FOR abilities, and most require at least steady white.

Due to how large the ranges of soul we can detect as players, and the nature of the powers provided by soul mojo, it's extremely difficult to quantify the effects of varies states except when they are binary (Protect self's Pass/Fail for example).

Speaking personally, I'm of two minds on this. One side, I get the idea of soul and soul state being something that requires some constant input to maintain at maximum, in addition to avoiding the various hits, but the vague nature of the Soul State, Pools, and effects of many powers makes it difficult to really stay revved up about maintaining tippy top soul. On the other hand, I feel that some of the negative effects are FAR too hefty in stature. The PVP based ones especially are just..dumb.

I suspect many paladins would ignore soul if it didn't eliminate such a large portion of our spell list to have a poor soulstate. While personally, I utilize many of our soul powers/abilities daily (Glyphs, Lead, and Protect), I constantly see some of the more outspoken paladins talking about finding them valueless or impossible to use, and it saddens me.

Samsaren
Re: What requires Pristine? 02/04/2017 08:21 PM CST

The main times I've run into soul state issues was during the quests which required pristine soul to start them. Other than that I generally keep it pretty easily topped off with the occasional pilgrims badge and holy weapon recharge.
Re: What requires Pristine? 02/05/2017 07:49 AM CST
This isn't your question but since it has also been brought up I used lead and protect (to protect others) routinely and I consider them part of my identity as a Paladin. I used glyph of light also when needed. I use my pilgrims badge constantly to keep my soul up and huntng at times also seems to give me some soul helping message (I think from one of my spells).

- Felicini
Re: What requires Pristine? 02/05/2017 08:12 AM CST
On some reflection, aside from Protect Self, the only thing I find issues with need tip top pristine is a few of our Titles. Which, combined with drift can prove annoying sometimes.

Samsaren