Bug? Intended? Just something no one noticed? 08/05/2015 04:02 PM CDT
I wanted to see if it would be possible to get the auto-protect ability automatically turned off on someone you cast a debilitation spell at.

Last night, I encountered an annoying situation where I went after someone for killing an empath friend. I had halted the individual (a soul hit) and pulled out a weapon to throw. In the time I pulled-out the hammer to throw at them and the throw itself, someone else attacked him and I popped into auto-protect mode on him, threw the hammer, and got the soul tanking (and stun) for attacking someone I was protecting.

It just seems silly that the auto-protect ability would pop on to defend someone I had already cast a debilitation, soul-harming, spell at.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Bug? Intended? Just something no one noticed? 08/05/2015 10:44 PM CDT
Not sure if it was intended but yeah, been that way since the start so..no protect assess while doing CvC. Maybe it can be fixed?

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: Bug? Intended? Just something no one noticed? 08/06/2015 12:09 AM CDT
That doesn't sound right but I wouldn't even know where to begin to fix it so I'm not too eager to dive blindly into protect just yet.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: Bug? Intended? Just something no one noticed? 08/06/2015 05:45 PM CDT
That's what you get for stealing my kill shot :P

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Re: Bug? Intended? Just something no one noticed? 08/06/2015 10:14 PM CDT
>That's what you get for stealing my kill shot :P<

Well I guess on the plus-side, I protected against a crossbow bolt of a 200th circle Paladin. Amateur ;)

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Bug? Intended? Just something no one noticed? 08/06/2015 11:09 PM CDT

lol, Nerf Lennon! or give us a range booster please :(

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"