The Code 03/12/2015 08:12 PM CDT
Could anyone provide me with a list of everything they can think of that currently changes your soul state for good or for ill?

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Soul_system

I have that list but I'm not sure how complete it is.

This might sound funny for me asking, but trust me there's a reasons (I haven't played a paladin much, it's a well known fact our documentation isn't quite what it should be, I can't think of a clean way to parse through the entire game code looking for it since I'm sure it's old enough to not all be centralized...).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: The Code 03/12/2015 08:26 PM CDT
The only thing I see missing is when you go through the ritual with an icon you get a soul boost when you focus on it at the end (cleanx3, hug, focus).

KR>focus icon
Unaware of what is going on around you, you raise the icon high above your head and feel a sense of serenity in your being.
Roundtime: 20 seconds
A warm, soothing sensation washes over your soul.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: The Code 03/12/2015 09:29 PM CDT
Using "smite" when your smite pool is empty will tank your soul fast.

--Just a Squire
Re: The Code 03/13/2015 09:18 AM CDT
Getting charged for a crime doesn't appear on the list, but it does cause a soul hit. I don't remember starting an RPA giving any sort of soul repair messaging, although it states on epedia that it does. That doesn't mean it doesn't do it without messaging, but I dunno.

I remember hearing that glyphing with an empty soul pool will hurt soul state, but I've never tested the theory.
Re: The Code 03/13/2015 12:57 PM CDT
>> I don't remember starting an RPA giving any sort of soul repair messaging, although it states on epedia that it does.

Used to, doesn't after the RPA system re-do

>>I remember hearing that glyphing with an empty soul pool will hurt soul state

Nope, just makes you look dumb

Samsaren
Re: The Code 03/13/2015 04:39 PM CDT
>>https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Soul_system

I've updated the list with the items from this thread.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: The Code 03/30/2015 06:54 PM CDT

I'm late to the party but the largest soul hit in game is to >protect :person: then attack and hit said person. It will drop you from pristine to melt soul stone status (the lowest).

-Uthgaar

(yes I did it; I regret nothing)
Re: The Code 03/30/2015 07:12 PM CDT
also: obtaining a favor from Chadatru will occasionally give a soul boost.

Rutilor favors will do this also
Re: The Code 04/17/2015 10:36 AM CDT
Sorry coming even later to this party. Looking over that list and am noticing something a bit off. Stealing by a Paladin does nothing to your soul unless you are caught AND charged with that crime. Granted yes you cannot circle but your soul is unaffected. Also on a side note casting necromantic spells will drop soulstate because they are polar opposites (this may be tied in with Outrage system too). Did notice one thing too, that being Purged by the Hounds of Rutilor dropped my soulstate to its lowest possible level. (again might be part of system or added on).

ASK VERIKA ABOUT CIRCLE

* Verika ignores your attempts to talk to her.

Deadly Shadow Walcar Seord, Night Rider.