PC Charity 06/06/2014 04:03 AM CDT
Given all the deep stuff spoken about lately this might seem trivial but the thought did cross my mind: could it be implemented that giving coins to a character under circle 5 would grant a soul state boost to the charitable paladin as if he/she put coins into the tithing box at the guild? I'm talking about the cooldowns to prevent abuse included and all that. It seems to me like its the same concept but with practical application and would actually benefit real people instead of imaginary ones.
Re: PC Charity 06/06/2014 07:16 AM CDT
>could it be implemented that giving coins to a character under circle 5 would grant a soul state boost to the charitable paladin as if he/she put coins into the tithing box at the guild?

Too easy to abuse. Log in your level 5 empath healbot, give him 5 silver, have him give it back, repeat every timer cooldown. Never lose cash, abuse the system anywhere.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: PC Charity 06/06/2014 09:31 AM CDT

I was afraid of that. I was hoping a massive cooldown or some other limiter could be invented or perhaps the soul state boost could be very tiny if you give to only one character, forcing a player to annoyingly rotate bots to abuse it. Now that I think about it, though, empaths publicly abuse mechanics every day without helping a single newbie in the process. The general response when I question empaths on this is 'if they enforce that I quit and every empath in DR can be a healbot'. You're right though- as written in this simple form its too easy to abuse. Ah well, I still hold out hope paladins could get more rewards in some shape or form for actually helping real people as development progresses. Thanks for the response!
Re: PC Charity 06/06/2014 09:41 AM CDT
TBH I don't think the charity thing would be abused any more or less than Paladins tending bleeders.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: PC Charity 06/06/2014 11:01 AM CDT
Another fine point, there.