stealing as a paladin 12/17/2009 12:17 PM CST
how does stealing affect a paladin's soul? circling ability? magic? etc.?
Re: stealing as a paladin 12/17/2009 12:48 PM CST
A paladin that has learned to steal in any way at all will take a huge soul hit, and will not be able to circle until he has Repented in Therenborough: A paladin asked me once to instruct him. Boy did the guildleader glare at him!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: stealing as a paladin 12/17/2009 12:52 PM CST
For awhile there, stealing wasn't giving any soul hits.

Wonder if that got fixed? Regardless, it's supposed to tank your soul when you do it. And either way, it'll prevent you from circling even if you have a fraction of a rank.

If you learn some stealing, you can still bring your soul back to pristine and use all your magic, you just can't circle.

Rev. Reene

"How do I find a philosopher?" he said.
"Around here? Throw a brick, I should think."
Re: stealing as a paladin 12/17/2009 01:10 PM CST
Botolf would approve
Re: stealing as a paladin 12/17/2009 01:40 PM CST
Stealing doesn't give a soul hit to my knowledge.

You will be prevented from entering the Crossing Guild and circling if you have stealing exp until you repent.

You used to be able to sleep and steal for giggles so you wouldn't get the exp, but last time I did that I ended up gaining two ranks even though I was asleep. So, go figure.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: stealing as a paladin 12/17/2009 01:50 PM CST
>> You used to be able to sleep and steal for giggles so you wouldn't get the exp, but last time I did that I ended up gaining two ranks even though I was asleep. So, go figure.

They fixed this and Barbarians using sleep to avoid gaining MD when using CJs as well.

Rev. Reene

"How do I find a philosopher?" he said.
"Around here? Throw a brick, I should think."