Gathering information on the soul system 09/13/2006 06:57 AM CDT
So, I'm doing a bit of data gathering regarding the soul system. I'm looking to the other people who play Paladins or have knowledge of them to ensure the accuracy of my information as well as to add anything I may have missed.

The following actions give a soul boost in order from smallest boost to largest boost.

- Killing Undead, so long as the Paladin gains exp and makes the killing blow, totally random is no guarntee per kill
- Tending anothers wounds, timer 1 hour
- Tithing, max amount is 6 silver, anything above does not provide further bonus
- Accusing thieves you catch stealing from you
- praying on a pilgrim badge with max number of altars on it, timer 1 hour
- playing a hymn at a devotion approved altar, requirement of 100+ in chosen instrument
- Tracing the glyph of mana in a room that has a cleric and a deader in it
- Playing a psalm at a devotion approved altar, requirement of 200+ in chosen instrument
- Having a cleric read the book of chadatru to you in its entirety
- Praying at the Shard or Crossing Chadatru altar after you have completed the Holy Weapon Quest.

The following deeds provide a soul hit, I have no idea on the order, so if someone has the information I would appreciate it.

- Stealing from another player
- First strike penalty
- Killing another player under First Strike penalty
- Attacking a creature/player from hiding
- Hiding while at melee or pole range

Also, please include your characters name if you would like proper credit for the information provided, or you can AIM it to me at TLRochat.

~Player of Zaud (Platinum)

Got Smite? - http://www.drpaladin.com/
Re: Gathering information on the soul system 09/13/2006 07:36 AM CDT
Boosts:
Aquiring a Chadatru favor
Protecting someone from a foe that is a threat to the Protecter
Activating an RPA

Penalties:
Throwing dirt
Spitting
Advancing from hiding/invisible
Hiding during combat with players

Fixes:
Prayer badge doesn't have to have every altar for a soul boost, more the merrier however
Hiding at melee or pole doesn't give a soul hit if its a critter

Just some of the things off the top of my head you missed.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Gathering information on the soul system 09/13/2006 08:49 AM CDT
It's not a boost per se, more of a perk, but a Paladin with high enough soul can use his fists while brawling as if they were blessed. Not sure if it applies to heads, elbows, knees, and legs as well.

~Thilan
Re: Gathering information on the soul system 09/13/2006 09:10 AM CDT
Retreating from a creature/player character while hiding/invis is also a soul hit.
Re: Gathering information on the soul system 09/13/2006 11:49 AM CDT
Feeding a starving Caravan also boosts. How could anyone forget something that happens as often as that????

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Gathering information on the soul system 09/13/2006 03:34 PM CDT
Missing a disarm on an area trap and having it go off in town, even if no one is injured but yourself, causes a soul hit. Just happened to me the other day. Still waiting for the guards to come and throw me in jail for it as well. My advice, pop boxes in your house.

Sir Haammerstrike,
Blunt Wielding Dwarf Paladin

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
Albert Einstein
Re: Gathering information on the soul system 09/13/2006 04:33 PM CDT
To be more specific Haammer, being accused of any crime, as well as being thrown in jail, are soul hits.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Gathering information on the soul system 09/13/2006 06:25 PM CDT
Thanks guys, keep em comming

~Player of Zaud (Platinum)

Got Smite? - http://www.drpaladin.com/
Re: Gathering information on the soul system 09/13/2006 07:35 PM CDT
Also, the prayer in Shard, its actually praying to Chadatru in any holy weapon recharge applicable area. Shard/Crossing/Mer'Kresh

Samsaren Remlane