Gah, what do I need to do to fix my soul now 08/04/2006 10:30 AM CDT
So I went on a little rampage the other day in TF. I attacked around 8 people and killed 2 of them, all with melee so I advanced on them as well. I can't go in the guild in shard to pray at the temple, I cant go in the crossing guild. I have tithed about 20 times, I have gotten about 5 chadatru favors and my soul is still bad. The only spell I can cast is BOT. Do I need to repent or just keep tithing?

Thanks
Re: Gah, what do I need to do to fix my soul now 08/04/2006 10:39 AM CDT
repent is only used to remove stealing ranks.
There are various other options that provide a much bigger soul boost then what you are currently doing. The favor thing, tithing, and tending are probably the lowest forms of soul gain you can do.

Try adding the following into your mix:
- pray to pilgrim badge with lots of altars on it
- get a cleric to read from the book of chadatru
- glyph of mana in a room with cleric and dead person
Re: Gah, what do I need to do to fix my soul now 08/04/2006 10:43 AM CDT
Found my pilgrims badge, nice, hopefully this helps.

Thanks
Re: Gah, what do I need to do to fix my soul now 08/04/2006 10:47 AM CDT
Might want to try playing a hymn also or tending someone with a bleeder.

flip
Flip what?

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Gah, what do I need to do to fix my soul now 08/04/2006 11:07 AM CDT
Ok thanks for the ideas, hmm forgot all about the music changes, time to learn some music I guess.

Thanks
Re: Gah, what do I need to do to fix my soul now 08/04/2006 11:44 AM CDT
You can moongate past the soul arch in the shard guild. Or at least you could, at one point.

Remember that 1st strike is a much bigger soul hit than murder. There is no soul hit for advancing. Let them bounce of your shield first, then cut off thier face.
Re: Gah, what do I need to do to fix my soul now 08/05/2006 05:51 AM CDT
DRLight suggested:

>>Try adding the following into your mix:
>- pray to pilgrim badge with lots of altars on it
>- get a cleric to read from the book of chadatru
>- glyph of mana in a room with cleric and dead person

And Kalira added:

>Might want to try playing a hymn also or tending someone with a bleeder.

I've also used playing a hynm slowly while standing at an altar. In Crossing, you have the altars to all 13. Play hymn slowly on <instrument> to <God> works with 100+ in that instrument's skill. And if you have completed the Holy Weapon Quest, going to the Chadatru Altar in Shard or Crossing and "Pray Chadatru" and wait quietly for a few rois... gives a nice boost too.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!