Protect and your soul... 01/02/2006 01:01 PM CST
1. Hypothetically speaking, could a paladin still use his protect ability with NO soul left? Lets say he lost it stealing.

2. Does the theren keep repenting for stealing still base off total ranks of stealing or is it one flat time because I had heard it changed but wasn't sure. When Elec was a paladin I was in repent RT for 4 hours. That was years ago though.

~Blood Wraith Elec, Elitist of Elanthia, an Elven Face Shooter

~I WILL RUIN THIS HOUSE WITH MY ANGER! -Master Shake

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Protect and your soul... 01/02/2006 03:01 PM CST
There is a soul req on it, found out the fun way. And, its fairly high.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Protect and your soul... 01/02/2006 03:50 PM CST
Well that sucks, shouldn't lose a physical ability because of soul, but oh well.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Protect and your soul... 01/02/2006 05:44 PM CST
Considering we're (paladins) the only ones that can do it, and the thing that makes us special and seperate is the mastery and use of our soul....makes perfect sense to me. Besides, its an AWESOME ability, having the rather minor drawback of having to keep a decent soulstate (without a pool req) is a very very very minor detail.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Protect and your soul... 01/02/2006 10:28 PM CST
Minor unless you want to protect someone with a black soul :p

Re: Protect and your soul... 01/03/2006 03:13 AM CST
Simple answer, Want to use Paladin Abilities, Don't trash your soul. Makes sense to me.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Protect and your soul... 01/03/2006 06:38 AM CST
Oh get off it, I was more just having fun with you than anything.

Re: Protect and your soul... 01/03/2006 07:04 AM CST
>Oh get off it, I was more just having fun with you than anything.

And make yourself a quesadilla......

Relayer

Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
a sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
Re: Protect and your soul... 01/03/2006 03:51 PM CST
Better leave me alone Relayer... I got skills, Like, you know, computer hacking skills, nunchuku skills, bo staff skills, you know man, the kind of skills chicks like.