Re: Soul pool problem 11/16/2002 03:19 PM CST
Each time you increase your soul state, the fraction of full that your power pool is at decreases, because the maximum is going up each time. In this case, your pool not being full is a good thing. Do not worry so much about your power pool being full, but whether there is enough in there to use your abilities. If it is the case that there is not enough power to use the abilities, then there may be a bug.

If you are really uncomfortable with your soul pool not being full, wait a while and do not pray to your badge or tend during that time. If everything is working properly, you should have a full power pool in a few hours.

player of Linras Cauldrath
Re: Soul pool problem 11/17/2002 09:28 AM CST
Konnor,

It seems to be the size of your pool. I had the same problem, after draining my pool completely I thought I was bugged after not having a full pool in a day or so. But it got there. I'm not sure if it helped or not, might be just a coincidence, but I exhaled on my soulstone and it pulsed rapidly so I pray to my badge as usual and I exhale again a min or so later and it was full...so I guess you should keep doing good deeds..maybe they are set up to help the power pool now.

Phanton
Soulstate 11/27/2002 11:49 AM CST
>rub souls
You rub the soulstone...

It feels cold and lifeless, tainted darkish grey with sinister black streaks.

This is from high-end pristine after killing one thief for stealing. I can't emphasize how important implementing new ways to regain soul and implementing first-strike with paladin sense is. This is going to take me a week to fix.

Litharius
Re: Soulstate 11/27/2002 04:55 PM CST

<<rub souls You rub the soulstone...It feels cold and lifeless, tainted darkish grey with sinister black streaks.
This is from high-end pristine after killing one thief for stealing. I can't emphasize how important implementing new ways to regain soul and implementing first-strike with paladin sense is. This is going to take me a week to fix.Litharius >>

not as if you didn't have other options than killing the perpetrator.

gee, that's why they made ACCUSING. it even GIVES soul.

and most perpetrators hate being accused worse than death.

-Adon-
Re: Soulstate 11/27/2002 05:24 PM CST
>not as if you didn't have other options than killing the perpetrator.

Yep its an option. And a great one, only for guilded thieves, commoners, homeless, whatever they call themselves; it doesn't matter for anyone else.

On the reality side, accusing has not stopped one person from continuing to try and steal from me, dealing out a death has.

Litharius has a great point, and something we have asked for .. let stealing count as first strike, thats the big soul hit, the murder hit is not so bad.

-Slaris
Re: Soulstate 11/27/2002 06:56 PM CST
Do nothing and your soul will drift back to grey. Then work on getting it to pristine.
Re: Soulstate 11/27/2002 10:20 PM CST
Congrats on killing the thief.

Crusader Taghz
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 02:29 PM CST
Litharius, your soulstate would onla go that far down if you also got the "first strike" soulhit.

The first strike hit is enough to take you from pristine to pallid grey... the killing will bump you down that other notch.
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 04:25 PM CST
<<Litharius, your soulstate would onla go that far down if you also got the "first strike" soulhit.

<<The first strike hit is enough to take you from pristine to pallid grey... the killing will bump you down that other notch.

Not true. I have killed 3 people and got 3 first strike hits , and 3 death hits. And was at the soul state right under soft white. I was able to cast magic after the first and second kill.

Clyn
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 05:10 PM CST
... right, and what's your charisma and discipline?

Not everyone is over 70th, Clynlyn.
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 06:23 PM CST
<<... right, and what's your charisma and discipline?

Clyn
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 06:26 PM CST
i accidently made poison, that took me from pristine to meltingpoint
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 08:51 PM CST
>Litharius, your soulstate would onla go that far down if you also got the "first strike" soulhit.

That's what I was posting about. I sensed him stealing and I attacked him, got the first-strike soul hit. Then another soul hit for killing him and another for going to jail.

Just trying to give them a nudge as a reminder that paladin sense justifying first-strike is important.

It's more viable now to just turn thieves in if you're in town(unfortunately they don't believe murderers), I'm still trying to recover from that. Just got back up to soft white.

Litharius
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 09:19 PM CST
>It's more viable now to just turn thieves in if you're in town(unfortunately they don't believe murderers), I'm still trying to recover from that. Just got back up to soft white

I could be wrong, but my Moon mage never did recover from that. <g> maybe there is a really really really long timer that will reset so your not considered a murderer, has anyone ever come back from that? i dont think so though.

Michael.
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 10:17 PM CST
>>i accidently made poison, that took me from pristine to meltingpoint<<

you can't ACCIDENTLY do that. being the process is long and involved, no way you wouldn't know what you're trying to do.
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 10:23 PM CST
>>you can't ACCIDENTLY do that. being the process is long and involved, no way you wouldn't know what you're trying to do.

There's an insanely easy and crude way to make it that doesn't involve boiling and such.
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 10:27 PM CST
>you can't ACCIDENTLY do that. being the process is long and involved, no way you wouldn't know what you're trying to do.

we are talking about Pureblade here <g> i am sure he can do most things accidenty.

Michael
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 10:35 PM CST
you do recover from it, i was able to accuse someone in town after killing someone about 6 months before. however, the accusation had its own reprecussions.

that was how it was around 1999,as the time frame when i accused was when the seerah was about to make its maiden voyage to ratha, which was previously unaccessible.

schvartz
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 10:44 PM CST
>>we are talking about Pureblade here <g> i am sure he can do most things accidenty.

Actually, we're talking about Blasword. Pureblade never mixed poison in his life. He has pros apply it.
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 11:48 PM CST
yeah michael, get your facts straight! Blasword-Alchemist, Pureblade-Accomplice. Blasword-Crouching Pyro, Pureblade-Hidden Paladin.
Re: Soulstate 11/30/2002 11:59 PM CST
don't forget--blasword, blower-up of things <stone clan statues....>
Re: Soulstate 12/01/2002 12:02 AM CST
i am so dumb now its not nearly as funny :-(

Mikey
Soul test 12/16/2002 04:54 AM CST
ok, been pondering on all the young folk finding it hard to regain soul, so i ran a test on some poor young fella struggling to get a glyph in shard as he had a poor soul state.

Now i have thought about this and i dont think i am giving away any guild secrets or quest secrets as this really is not part of a quest, if its too sensitive MACE or RODERIGO please feel free to pull this post.

Now i am sure someone mention before about a high circle glyph ritual, i tested the young guy his soul was dull and chalky, took him top of shard guild, got him to pray chadatru and it took him strait to steady white hue, now for youngins struggling with soul thats quite a boost. so the findings are confirmed, it works. Hope it helps yas out some.

Michael.
Soul state 01/07/2003 07:25 AM CST
have i taken too many blows to head? or did Roderigo fix soul state msgs so that now you dont drift from pristine? I really thought that happened but maybe i am dreaming...

Michael.
Re: Soul state 01/07/2003 08:32 AM CST
>have i taken too many blows to head? or did Roderigo fix soul state msgs so that now you dont drift from pristine? I really thought that happened but maybe i am dreaming...

He made it so you dont drift from the extreme high end of pristine...as there are more than one level to pristine now.

Stonewall Gad
Re: Soul state 01/07/2003 08:58 AM CST
<glances at Michael>

<cough, cough>
Re: Soul state 01/07/2003 05:24 PM CST
Gad,

>>He made it so you dont drift from the extreme high end of pristine

Actually, not totally true. You are correct in 99% of situations, however, when I took my vacation from the Realms at the high end of pristine, my soul had drifted down to chalky grey while I was gone, because I had done NO "good deed" things while I was gone.

However, in most normal circumstances.. just one tend of a non-paladin every month or so should be enough to keep you up at the high end of pristine without a lot of constant work.

Redarch
Re: Soul state 01/07/2003 08:22 PM CST
you hit pristine you wont drift to a lower state how many times the man have to say it?

If by some chance you did without doing anything negitive bug it

Tyden
Re: Soul state 01/07/2003 09:43 PM CST
><glances at Michael>

shuddup!

Michael.

PS. i think i dreamed that back when i was drinking.
** Soulstate** 01/09/2003 07:26 PM CST
I think a paladins soul state should help defend us against spirit attacking spells.

Crusader Taghz
Re: ** Soulstate** 01/10/2003 04:52 AM CST
I think soul state should intimidate undead.
Soul woes 01/23/2003 04:27 PM CST
I dont know how elders do it but its alittle hard to get my soul to pristine when it keeps falling faster then the tend and tithe timers let me gain soul. I've been tithing 5 silver lirums whenever possible and tending occasionaly as well and I cant claw my way out of a steady white hue! I got it to a pure white light but before my tithing or tending timer was even up it went back down.

Gam

They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards. - General Creighton W. Abrams
Re: Soul woes 01/23/2003 06:32 PM CST
Gam,

If all you use is tend and tithe, you're not going to be able to claw yer way outta steady white.

There are other methods of getting a soul boost you can use but they require travel and/or some help.

Without giving anything away too badly, I'd suggest you visit either Shard or Theren. There are chapels at either location that can aid ya in boosting yer soul. Suggest ya travel to one or the other, tend, tithe THEN add the additional soul booster ya find there and that should get you over the hump.

If you need more "directed" hints.. find me in Crossing and I'll help.

Redarch
Re: Soul woes 01/24/2003 01:23 PM CST
Well I finally managed to get to pristine. Now I'm just worried about if I am high enough so it wont slip anymore. How do I know when I'm at the high end of pristine?

Prael

They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards. - General Creighton W. Abrams
Soul Issues 02/27/2003 03:44 PM CST
Just recently blackened my soul to the utmost and was wondering if I can get tips on how to fix it. I tithe, tend and listen to a cleric read the holy book of Chadatru whenever one is around (very rarely). I would go to shard to pray at the tower, but I believe I have to go thru a soularch to get up there and well, with a blackened soul...Im not getting past. I know I could find a moonie to get me there, but I couldnt leave till I was fully cleansed. Anyone know if the tower in shard is the quickest way to gain it? Id live a hermit life up there if it was. And no, I cannot afford a pilgrims badge. Any ideas?
Re: Soul Issues 02/27/2003 08:14 PM CST
Well, the best I can offer is my remembrance of what boosts our soul.

1) Tend (now with a timer)
2) Tithe (with a time as always)
3) Accuse (must SEE them pull coin out AND your reputation must be good. This may not work for you)
4) Listen to a cleric read the Book of Chadatru
5) Feed a starving caravan (I've been told this, never tried it myself)
6) Pray to Chadatru at the top of Shard Paladin Guild (You've already listed the drawbacks to that at this point)
7) Pray to a Pilgrim's Badge that's been impressed at altars.

Any others have anything to add that I've missed?

Redarch
Re: Soul Issues 02/27/2003 08:48 PM CST
Does the Book of Hodierna in Leth work like the Book of Chadatru?
Re: Soul Issues 02/27/2003 08:51 PM CST
I don't know, but I'm open for a trip if anyone wants to find out.

Ecoles
"Embraced by Tenemlor"
Soul Pool 06/28/2003 08:11 PM CDT
Does anyone have a way to determine how fast our soul pool refills? Its sure hard to pin things down went you don't have numbers to work with, but it SEEMS, and I do mean "seems", that mine is filling up faster than it was a week or so ago.

Has anyone timed it from before and maybe can repeat that to verify my perception? It would be nice to find out for sure so we can say thanks.

Gloryarm
Re: Soul Pool 06/30/2003 08:59 PM CDT
Mine seems to be filling slower
i havent traced any glyph other then ward and bond in days and my soul state has stayed at pristine the whole time with occasional prayer badges and tends
but my pool just shows rapid pulsing or some such nonsenese.. never the full pool message