'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/03/2013 06:44 PM CST
Could we -please- get a side entrance into the guild hall in Theren for Paladins?? I am so sick of having to either wait the time out or run back to the Crossing to circle when it's night time. I don't want to get citizenship with Theren just so I can access a guild-hall, especially when the leader in Riverhaven can't actually promote us. Every other guild can get to their leaders in the Theren/Riverhaven area any time they need to. Why do I have to haul myself all the way back to the Crossing because it's dark outside?

Malzian "What do you do when life throws monsters at you? Kill them and wait for more monsters, of course."
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/03/2013 06:53 PM CST
>>Could we -please- get a side entrance into the guild hall in Theren for Paladins?? I am so sick of having to either wait the time out or run back to the Crossing to circle when it's night time. I don't want to get citizenship with Theren just so I can access a guild-hall, especially when the leader in Riverhaven can't actually promote us. Every other guild can get to their leaders in the Theren/Riverhaven area any time they need to. Why do I have to haul myself all the way back to the Crossing because it's dark outside?

You can use the breech tunnels to get into the Keep at night. Isn't there a Paladin guild leader in the inn in Haven also? You don't need to return to Crossing, either way.
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/03/2013 06:55 PM CST
This reminds me about the time there were plans for a proper guildhall in Thernborough. A shame those were lost, I was rather partial to my winning contest entry.

And the Guildleader in Riverhaven only circles to 20 IIRC unless something has changed.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/03/2013 08:11 PM CST
>>You can use the breech tunnels to get into the Keep at night. Isn't there a Paladin guild leader in the inn in Haven also? You don't need to return to Crossing, either way.

Hrmm... the last time I tried the breech tunnels, there was a locked door barring the way. Seems like they removed it since I last tried.

Malzian "What do you do when life throws monsters at you? Kill them and wait for more monsters, of course."
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/03/2013 10:10 PM CST
>Hrmm... the last time I tried the breech tunnels, there was a locked door barring the way. Seems like they removed it since I last tried.

Oh man. That was, uh, 10 years ago?

Pants.
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/04/2013 01:01 AM CST
The doors in the tunnels can be locked in such a way that prevents you from getting into the Keep from the tunnels entrance, if you don't know how to solve the "puzzle" (or are too tall to ride).

There is, however, another way into the Keep that bypasses the doors and tunnels completely, if you don't mind getting really wet.

GENT
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/04/2013 06:20 AM CST
>The doors in the tunnels can be locked in such a way that prevents you from getting into the Keep from the tunnels entrance, if you don't know how to solve the "puzzle" (or are too tall to ride).

>There is, however, another way into the Keep that bypasses the doors and tunnels completely, if you don't mind getting really wet.

Are you absolutely sure the door still exists? I go through there probably every 6 months, and I haven't seen the door in the tunnels in years. It could be with the use of genie mapper, it routes me through the 'wet' area you've mentioned, though as far as I know the breech tunnels are still the breech tunnels, and that's how I go. This was always with a human-size character.

As to the OP, I know it's obnoxious, but how often are you circling that you are angry about this? It's not like you have to play the 'track down my guild leader' game like at least two guilds do. Does the drawbridge not open for Paladins? I thought all non-citizens could get it to come down, or is that only for certain guilds?

Pants.
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/04/2013 02:22 PM CST
>> Does the drawbridge not open for Paladins? I thought all non-citizens could get it to come down, or is that only for certain guilds?

It won't go down for my Paladin after dark. I assume it's the same for all non-citizens after dark.
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/04/2013 02:25 PM CST
Yes. You are locked out after dark unless you are a citizen. There are three ways into the Keep from the outside without using the drawbridge.

Madigan
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/04/2013 03:04 PM CST

My favorite is saying I saw a necromancer in the Keep. Then joining the group that are citizens into the keep to deal with it.
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/07/2013 04:32 PM CST
>>Oh man. That was, uh, 10 years ago?

>>Are you absolutely sure the door still exists? I go through there probably every 6 months, and I haven't seen the door in the tunnels in years.

I've seen it as recently as 2 years ago. I know that for a fact since it was there from right before I got my degree so I'm pretty sure on the time frame. They blocked it off more recently due to Theren's stance on Necros and wanting to keep them out. I just never thought to go back and check it again, but still...

>>As to the OP, I know it's obnoxious, but how often are you circling that you are angry about this? It's not like you have to play the 'track down my guild leader' game like at least two guilds do.

It's not that I'm circling my pallie often, it's just that it seems to happen that every time I go to circle, or see the guildleader about -something- in Theren, it's night time. It could just be my timing is off, but it's still the fact that I'm getting cut off from access to my guildleader. And to note, I have characters in both of those guilds, and while it may take me a little bit to track those down, I've never been unable to reach them. For them it's a matter of hunting them down. For pallies.... if you're not a citizen and it's night time, and that door it shut... you're fairly much cut off, unless you know some other secret which I obviously don't know or you want to travel all the way back across the realm to hit another guild.

Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/08/2013 12:37 AM CST
>>I've seen it as recently as 2 years ago. I know that for a fact since it was there from right before I got my degree so I'm pretty sure on the time frame. They blocked it off more recently due to Theren's stance on Necros and wanting to keep them out. I just never thought to go back and check it again, but still...

I've never, ever seen it blocked off in such a way that you couldn't still go around via an alternate route, and have entered the Keep numerous times via the breech tunnels in the time span you named.
Re: 'No, seriously, I just want to see my Guildleader.' 03/08/2013 11:47 AM CST
>>I've never, ever seen it blocked off in such a way that you couldn't still go around via an alternate route, and have entered the Keep numerous times via the breech tunnels in the time span you named.

I'd show you a copy of a log from that time if I had one. Sadly I don't, wish I could prove it, but I can't.