Soul hit for casting SF 12/01/2010 09:02 AM CST
Not a huge deal, but rather annoying. Someone faced Katt last night and threw blades. After a few minutes of banter she responded by casting SF:

XXXXXX turns to face you.
* XXXXXX throws a throwing blade at you. You dodge.
The throwing blade lands nearby!
[You're invigorated, energetic, mighty, solidly balanced with no advantage.]

You gesture at XXXXXX.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.

You feel a deep pain in your soul for initiating the attack against XXXXXX. This is dishonorable!
A brilliant stream of pure white light jumps from you to XXXXXX, warping into a spiraling force that slams into him!
XXXXXX is blasted back, reeling backwards in a severe daze from the blow!
The light silently explodes.
Roundtime: 3 seconds

This is a soul hit? Now, I get that he whiffed, but do we really have to stand and wait for them to get it right to avoid risking a soul hit? Not to mention that the hit was for casting a non-damaging disabler.

I understand the intent of some sacrifice Paladins make for soul, but this seems a bit extreme. Especially in an environment where one hit is often all it takes.

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Soul hit for casting SF 12/01/2010 09:31 AM CST
Yeah, they have to actually connect with you- I'm pretty sure shield block or parry will negate the soul hit.

I guess it balances out because if you attack someone and don't connect, you don't get a soul hit either.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Soul hit for casting SF 12/13/2010 04:51 PM CST
The whole soul system is a little buggy. Throwing rocks at people, even if its first strike, gives no soul hit at all...well if they die you might have issues.

Uthgaar