Hunt? 11/15/2009 06:38 PM CST
Can Paladins not use the hunt verb? Maybe It's just something wonky with rats and hogs, not sure.
Re: Hunt? 11/15/2009 06:52 PM CST
<<Can Paladins not use the hunt verb? Maybe It's just something wonky with rats and hogs, not sure.

Yes. Yes we can.

Name: Sir Loqutis Race: Human Guild: Paladin

[Script]>hunt
You take note of all the tracks in the area, so that you can hunt anything nearby down.

To the southeast:
1) a mange-covered rotting Rakash
2) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
3) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen

To the northwest:
4) Kaylor
5) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
6) a mange-covered rotting Rakash
7) a mange-covered rotting Rakash
8) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
9) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen

To the southeast, south:
10) Aevul
11) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
12) a mange-covered rotting Rakash

To the northwest, north:
13) a mange-covered rotting Rakash
14) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
15) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
16) a mange-covered rotting Rakash
17) a mange-covered rotting Rakash
18) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
19) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
20) a mange-covered rotting Rakash
21) a mange-covered rotting Rakash
22) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
23) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
24) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
25) a mange-covered rotting Rakash
26) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen
27) a mange-covered rotting Prydaen

Roundtime: 8 sec.
Re: Hunt? 11/15/2009 06:53 PM CST
>>Can Paladins not use the hunt verb? Maybe It's just something wonky with rats and hogs, not sure.

Paladins can use it but if you're in a premie area it won't work. No locate areas are no go for HUNT
Re: Hunt? 11/15/2009 06:54 PM CST
You should be able to, though if you have zero ranks in stalking it won't teach stalking at all (intentionally).

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Hunt? 11/15/2009 07:01 PM CST
<<but if you're in a premie area it won't work.

It works in premie areas.

>ne
[Northeast Vineyards]
Just beyond a small wooden shed lies a sturdy fence which separates the farm from the garden. A simple affair of wood, the fence nevertheless serves to keep livestock within the farmyard, and away from the garden on the other side. A stile crosses the fence, allowing men to pass, but frustrating any animal seeking an unoffered meal.
Obvious paths: southwest.
>cl stile

A worried-looking farmhand smiles relievedly as he spies you. "We've been waiting fer ye, sir -- critters be fair fierce, done broke young Jaime's leg! Was right glad when Baearholt sent fer hunters like yerself, I tell ye!"

[Baearholt's Farmhold, Northeast Field]
Golden grain gently sways beneath a faint breeze sending wave-like ripples across the field to the north. A rail fence runs along the southern end of the field, separating it from the farmyard to the south. A weathered wooden stile spans the fence, its broken risers allowing wayfarers to scramble across, while preventing stray animals from easily accessing the field. You also see a wood troll.
Obvious paths: north, east.
>hunt
You take note of all the tracks in the area, so that you can hunt anything nearby down.

To the north:
1) a wood troll

To the east:
2) a small grendel

To the north, north:
3) a small grendel

To the east, east:
4) a cougar

Re: Hunt? 11/15/2009 07:07 PM CST
Odd. It doesn't work in most premie areas because it's technically using teleport mechanics.

It'll show you things in them - but they can't be hunted to and IIRC have a -- instead of a number.

Re: Hunt? 11/15/2009 07:08 PM CST
<<It works in premie areas.

Does HUNT # work there? I know there's been a lot of posts in the past about HUNT not working in premium areas.

Its possible that it varies from premium area to premium area. I've seen posts saying it doesn't work at all, to it working but you get the --) indicator. Something to do with the anti locate/familiar/travel abilities that premium areas have.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Hunt? 11/15/2009 07:13 PM CST
Seems to work in this one:

>hunt

To the northeast:
1) a wood troll

To the east:
2) a small grendel
3) a cougar

To the south:
4) a wood troll

To the northeast, east:
5) a wood troll
6) a cougar

To the east, south:
7) a wood troll

To the south, south:
8) a small grendel

>hunt 1
>
You move to hunt down your prey.
[Baearholt's Farmhold, Northeast Field]
Grain stalks rustle stealthily as an unseen bird or other animal passes nearby. Darkness and strange noises combine to make what is, by daylight, a pleasant field seem mysterious and otherworldly. A hoarse cry echoes through the air, sending an atavistic shiver down your spine. You also see a wood troll and a small grendel.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.
Roundtime: 2 sec

This one didn't work:

[Monastery, Drained Field]
Ruined stalks of corn lie crushed in the dirt, the ears torn from the stem and cast haphazardly about. The furrow of stricken plants continues to the east and west. From within the drainage ditch edging the field can be heard the sounds of insects buzzing and something rustling in the vegetation. You also see a skunk.
Obvious paths: east, west.
>hunt

To the east:
--) a skunk

To the east, east:
--) a granite gargoyle

You were unable to locate any followable tracks.

Re: Hunt? 11/15/2009 07:55 PM CST
I get the option to hunt and can hunt things down it's just not teaching me any perception. I was in the premie area for rats I will try elsewhere.
Re: Hunt? 11/15/2009 08:02 PM CST
What's your perception?

Hunt only teaches at basically the same ranks they'll teach combats at.

Re: Hunt? 11/16/2009 03:01 AM CST
there's non-premie areas it won't work in as well.

dark spirits under tiger clan <will show you directions to the critter but not get you there-thus not teach

vipers & serpents east of riverhaven

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: Hunt? 11/21/2009 01:52 PM CST
Hunt teaches past combat caps. In most cases significantly so.
Re: Hunt? 12/09/2009 09:32 AM CST
whats the timer on this?
Re: Hunt? 12/09/2009 09:34 AM CST
I've heard 75 seconds. I use 80. Works.