Seriously, what is going on here? 03/23/2008 02:22 PM CDT
So i find out today that we are going to get rocked. Find out that SF is no longer going to be a dd and isntead will me a mezz... meaning the benefit it got from str and stam you can kiss goodbye. Angry... but not nearly as angry as when I heart about this one...

Apparently we are getting a TM spell tree. Oh why heck yes! A reason to wish I was a barbarian again! Why does this stink? Well lemme see here, first there will be people that say "hey, you are not being forced to backtrain TM since you dont NEED to pick those spells". Well to those people I just have to say... you are idiots... The fact remains they are adding a skill we had NO benefit from before, NONE, in order to have all our abilities be viable. They are indeed forcing us to train TM in order to have a character that utilizes all tools available to him. And to do this, if indeed they go through with it, 12+ years since this game launched is just utterly retarded. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

And for those that rant and whine about SF now... EVERY combat guild has at least 1 uber skill that can kill. Thieves have BS (goes through shield to boot!), rangers have BB and snipe, WM have lb and ael, Barbarians have berserks and dances which effectively doubles their weapon ranks (ever fought a HT main barbarian??? devastating hits every 3 seconds??). Hell, clerics have chill spirit at level 1.

If this does go ahead and happen... for the remaining palies that actually remain, at least gradfather TM to at least 75% of average between harness and pm.
Re: Seriously, what is going on here? 03/23/2008 05:29 PM CDT
Read back through old posts . . . all of them. This topic has been beaten to death. Either train TM now with the analogous spellbook spells or wait and pray TM is grandfathered to pallys and rangers. Either way, the change is going to happen. Complaining is a little late for the anything substantial to happen. We all feel your pain but we have to move on.
Re: Seriously, what is going on here? 03/24/2008 11:03 AM CDT
Its already been stated that there will be no grandfathering, thats why the spells for everybody have been released way in advance of the spell changes.

Wanderer Larze

---

Movies count because they are based on real life which imitates art which then gets spoofed by bad art which then is imitated by real life and gave us the state of Florida. - GODKIN
Re: Seriously, what is going on here? 03/24/2008 07:27 PM CDT
"Well lemme see here, first there will be people that say "hey, you are not being forced to backtrain TM since you dont NEED to pick those spells". Well to those people I just have to say... you are idiots... "

Just a reminder while this is a complaints folder it will not be a place to call people idiots.

Complain all you want but keep it nice.
BM Ikria

Please feel free to contact me (Mod-Ikria@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or GM Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net).

"Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing."
--Benjamin Franklin
Re: Seriously, what is going on here? 03/26/2008 09:45 AM CDT
>>Barbarians have berserks and dances which effectively doubles their weapon ranks (ever fought a HT main barbarian??? devastating hits every 3 seconds??).

As an HT primary Barbarian, I wish this were true.

>>Hell, clerics have chill spirit at level 1.

Welcome back. Away a while?

Chill Spirit was removed years ago, and rightly so.
Prime: Malkien
Prime: (Necromancer Bob- coming to DR in '08!)
TF: Ganymede
Re: Seriously, what is going on here? 03/30/2008 09:53 PM CDT
<<>>Barbarians have berserks and dances which effectively doubles their weapon ranks (ever fought a HT main barbarian??? devastating hits every 3 seconds??).

WOW!!! Really? NOT!!!! But it is a nice fantasy you have, in a fantasy game...
Re: Seriously, what is going on here? 03/31/2008 06:51 PM CDT
>>ever fought a HT main barbarian??? devastating hits every 3 seconds??<<

Obviously we need to nerf HT
Re: Seriously, what is going on here? 06/29/2008 02:49 PM CDT
Too bad we can't go back a good half decade+ to all those posts in here where GMs and Magic Primaries kept explaining to me how dumb it was to request for things like Smite Foe to be on the TM model, because magic terts didn't deserve to be on that model.

Ahhhhh well.
Re: Seriously, what is going on here? 06/30/2008 05:58 PM CDT
>Too bad we can't go back a good half decade+ to all those posts in here where GMs and Magic Primaries kept explaining to me how dumb it was to request for things like Smite Foe to be on the TM model, because magic terts didn't deserve to be on that model.

>Ahhhhh well.

Don't forget the magic primes that thought everyone should get to use TM. Be glad disablers don't require TM.

The Prydaen word for Woman is Yif.
That explains a lot.

Lots more stuff coming 'Soon'!

http://www.zairius.com

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: Seriously, what is going on here? 06/30/2008 07:14 PM CDT
>>Don't forget the magic primes that thought everyone should get to use TM. Be glad disablers don't require TM.

I would have been cool with that too - 10 years ago.

It is what it is, but considering it took me 6 or so years to get my magic to the levels i got it, i think it's a bit silly to just now require me to start training something i could have been training from the start, let alone would have loved to be training from the start.

But what can you do except mass kill a few rock trolls every so often at this point, right?
Re: Seriously, what is going on here? 06/30/2008 11:14 PM CDT
<<Don't forget the magic primes that thought everyone should get to use TM. Be glad disablers don't require TM.

At this point, I am happy to still have a guild. What a bloody bad year for paladins.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe