Stealing Rewrite 10/05/2006 05:24 PM CDT
Anything we Paladins should be aware of coming down the pipe in regards to this?

I like hearing that it'll be stealing vs perception instead of stealing vs perception + stealing, so I hope that means perception will mean more.
Re: Stealing Rewrite 10/05/2006 05:34 PM CDT
I understand that perception is THE defense (especially for us who can't/won't train stealing) in the future. It's actually the higher of the 2; stealing or perception.

>Anything we Paladins should be aware of coming down the pipe in regards to this?

The biggest drawback I see is that I won't get to kill as many thieves because they won't be hitting me up as much, if ever. I seriously doubt thats a drawback to many though. :D
Re: Stealing Rewrite 10/05/2006 07:59 PM CDT
Perception = 42
Stealing = 41
Defense for stealing = 42 (only uses perception)

Perception = 41
Stealing = 42
Defense for stealing = 42 (perception + 1 rank of stealing)

Few, if any, non-paladins are going to have more stealing than perception so the practical rule-of-thumb is Defense for stealing = Perception.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Stealing Rewrite 10/05/2006 08:20 PM CDT
So tell me please; Moonmage character.

Perception: 93 10.05% clear
Stealing: 106 33.86% very muddled

Is it 93 or 106?
Re: Stealing Rewrite 10/05/2006 11:39 PM CDT
Zeyurn said if stealing is higher they'll get "benefits" from it, not that it'll replace perception in the formula. for all we know that means if perception is highest, it'll be stealing vs perception, but if stealing is highest, it'll be stealing vs (stealing - perception)/2 +perception or something like that. or it'll do something else completely.

i don't think they would just let someone be able to ignore perception and focus just on stealing. that's like letting someone have their HE ranks work as parry if HE is higher. so who would need parry in that situation (empaths?).
Re: Stealing Rewrite 10/06/2006 03:23 AM CDT
Eh, just hang out in Ilithi. I've only been attempted twice in the last year, each time by a traveling Ragran to boot. I don't rmember much of an issue in Theren really either(as opposed to Riverhaven). I suspect the higher circle-ish the area you hang out in the less you need worry about that sort of thing.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Stealing Rewrite 10/06/2006 07:56 AM CDT
There is a discussion in the Thiefs folder about the stealing rewrite.

Pomae

Any questions and/or comments can be sent to me at Mod-Pomae@Play.net, or Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at dr-annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@Play.net
Re: Stealing Rewrite 10/06/2006 08:06 AM CDT
>>There is a discussion in the Thiefs folder about the stealing rewrite.

...yeah, but GM-Z said that discussion was for the thief aspects of it only, and the survival folder was for the general mechanics.

and, since i'm asking about the parts that pertain to paladins (clarity, HoJ, sixth sense, etc), i'm asking here. since if the thief folder was for thief-only aspects of stealing, i'm assuming it isn't crazy to post about the paladin-only aspects here.
Re: Stealing Rewrite 10/06/2006 07:49 PM CDT
We clearly veered away from that, but yeah. To wrench this back on-topic, nobody's said anything about updates to paladin abilities, beyond the necessary changes to make them compatible with each other.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Stealing Rewrite 10/07/2006 12:31 PM CDT
>>nobody's said anything about updates to paladin abilities, beyond the necessary changes to make them compatible with each other.

...duh?

which is why i'm posting this, asking if there will be any other changes.
Re: Stealing Rewrite 10/10/2006 01:20 AM CDT
Theren? Do you know how much attention I get from thieves lately? It's as if they are getting their kicks in before the rewrite.

I for one can't wait for the stealing rewrites -- and I hope the rewrite actually IMPROVES things for us, and not make it worse.