Question about Graverobbers 09/05/2003 01:55 AM CDT
Anyone have any suggestions about what to do with a graverobber who looted over 500 plat worth of items off a friends grave? GM's say the situation has to be dealt IG, and only by the one victimized by the robber. Don't you think there should be some way a paladin should be able to enforce some amount of justice or something. Also what can be done other than just kill the guy once and then have him depart, come back and then be all happy with his new 500 plat wardrobe?

Brittany (...the player of Aspasia Undojen'pelci)

"If ever the Darkness should conquer the Light, the last gleam shall come from the uplifted blade of one of a righteous Paladin."

Sir Cleworth, paladin initiation speech.
Re: Question about Graverobbers 09/05/2003 02:07 AM CDT
Just because "policy" says one thing certainly doesn't mean you have your hands tied in terms of intervention. I'd recommend RPing the situation in accordance with how you view your character. If you are afraid of being locked out, I'd recommend whispering to the graverobber and getting consent to RP the situation (although this seems extremely tacky). Many graverobbers are going to roleplay the situation as opposed to defaulting to the old report macro.

Just my two cents...

Mordril
Re: Question about Graverobbers 09/05/2003 03:14 AM CDT
>Anyone have any suggestions about what to do with a graverobber who looted over 500 plat worth of items off a friends grave?

Halt them. Or get involved and shoot them in the face. Problem is, they are more likely to be a more of policy playing jerk than you are, so your screwed, either way. Can't get involved because they will report you for unconsented PvP and get you all of a big fat caution/warning, and being a bystander sucks.

Then realize if a guy got 500 plat worth of stuff, he knew what to grab, has handed off the items by now, and you will never get anything back, unless he has no idea how to graverob.

Oh, by the way, names really help in matters like this.

>Also what can be done other than just kill the guy once and then have him depart, come back and then be all happy with his new 500 plat wardrobe?

Almost nothing. Unless the guy was being played by his drunk friend, and is willing to give them back. The policy is that the victim has consent to kill until he gets his stuff back or is reasonably reimbursed. Sometimes a few successive deaths, at the altars, and favor spots seem to get the point across.

It's been called a "no gm" so, seems to me it's open season on said graverobber.

-Slaris, Tursa reness kad fruna.
Re: Question about Graverobbers 09/05/2003 06:35 AM CDT
we talking about Miw who grave robbed Sircha then logged saying 'follow me to the islands if you wish' i know i will win again...?

Michael.
Re: Question about Graverobbers 09/05/2003 06:40 AM CDT
According to my friend his name is Bluefarm. My friend was having connection problems and was unable to reach her glyph before it expired. When she returned evidently this person had completly looted her grave. He was so brazen enough to ask the people in the clerics guild for appraisels on the items. Evidently he's a fairly young fella. He raised a few eyebrows but nobody said anything till my friend finally got back and was like..."The hell are all my items?!"

Brittany (...the player of Aspasia Undojen'pelci)

"If ever the Darkness should conquer the Light, the last gleam shall come from the uplifted blade of one of a righteous Paladin."

Sir Cleworth, paladin initiation speech.
Re: Question about Graverobbers 09/05/2003 09:13 AM CDT
>>Don't you think there should be some way a paladin should be able to enforce some amount of justice or something.

Oh, there are ways.

Not ways you'd like, though.

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com/libraryindex.html

Re: Question about Graverobbers 09/05/2003 09:17 AM CDT
anyone seen starsaber?

Michael...
Re: Question about Graverobbers 09/05/2003 10:33 AM CDT
>Not ways you'd like, though.

Spine required.

-Slaris, Tursa reness kad fruna.
Re: Question about Graverobbers 09/05/2003 03:38 PM CDT
I usually just halt em, let the victim slay em. I'd risked policy crap to drop them myself, and usually they play along.

Samsaren Remlane
Remember those that came before, remember honor.
Re: Question about Graverobbers 09/05/2003 05:24 PM CDT
<<Don't you think there should be some way a paladin should be able to enforce some amount of justice or something. Also what can be done other than just kill the guy once and then have him depart, come back and then be all happy with his new 500 plat wardrobe?>>

Help your friend kill them over and over until the items are returned. You have different options:

1) Within Policy without "RP" consent from the scum: HALT them, brawl them or do whatever ties them up till your friend can take action.

If this isn't going far enough for you...
2) Outside of policy: Kill them yourself, over and over again until the items are returned. Just expect that your will be punished for breaking policy.

3) If you are unwilling to go so far as to killing them, because murder is bad and you don't want to go to Paladin hell announce the situation on gweth and tell every person you meet about the graverobber. Just get the word out there. Many people are willing to take a day of punishment in order to do what they percieve is right or just in this situation.

Wish I was in game to help...

Big as Pebbles, Strong as Talc, Smarter than you, I am - Lennon's Bulldog
Re: Question about Graverobbers 12/30/2003 04:33 PM CST
I would say do whatever it takes to help your friend get the items back. Some things are worth a warning or a short lockout, and if all else fails, help your friend to grave-rob it back.

From the twisted mind of Rogtos
Empath At Large

"You keep nasty chips!"