Topic Taken to this topic per request 08/15/2002 05:57 PM CDT
<<Course, this ain't the way it works currentla, it's more like "steal from everyone, because you can at least steal from anyone one time with 60 ranks of stealing and not get caught". That'll change quick if this gets put in. >>

I dunno... my trader has more stealing ranks than that--although only a little over half as many as a thief his circle would be required to have--- and he wouldn't steal from just anyone.... although he does make an exception for guildmates that are obviously asleep at the "wheel"---or the yak. Although he can't even steal an envelope without taking a risk.

And you are also ignoring capability as well. My cleric has approximately that level of stealing. 54 ranks, to be exact. Can he steal from my paladin? Newp. Gets the 5 second rt failure. Every time. Although, unlike my thief, my paladin can sense the cleric. Of course, they are only 10 circles apart.

Same goes with the test that Clyn and I did. we're close enough in circle so there was the possiblity of parity. Although with the tools you guys have---basically GOL got me caught. Every time. And using that now, without the soul-hit you used to get from using it--it will be much easier for you guys to get your "accusations" if thats how you wanna play the game.

Tho I have yet to test it out with Adon, he hasn't used GOL since shortly after he got it. I'll have to see, sometime when we're in the same province, if he can detect me with it now.
Re: Topic Taken to this topic per request 08/15/2002 06:03 PM CDT
Thanks for bringing the issue over here.

To everyone involved in this thread, let's also tone down the hostility going on. And also, thanks for moving the thread over here.

~M
Re: Topic Taken to this topic per request 08/15/2002 08:27 PM CDT
<<Thanks for bringing the issue over here.

<<To everyone involved in this thread, let's also tone down the hostility going on. And also, thanks for moving the thread over here.

<<~M

but stay passionate. Make good arguements. And most of all DONT FLAME. We can do that in the conflicts folders =).

but i do understand Gonif's points. But its still with a thief in mind. And alot of the points are to "save" the thief. As a paladin i dont worry about that. I worry about my Soul not tanking for having the ability to retaliate. In our test Gonif, you were stopped from stealing, you were just noticed.

Clyn
Re: Topic Taken to this topic per request 08/16/2002 12:20 AM CDT
Now, about this soul hit...

Would you get a clean first-strike for sensing a successful steal or unsuccessful steal? Or does it not matter?