Squire level range 10/15/2014 08:55 PM CDT
I'm curious; for the people who do the squire RP, what level ranges do you general proscribe for them?

At what point does one become a 'full' paladin, level wise (ignoring the attendance of any RP based quests/actions you require of your squires). Or, assuming you don't use levels at all, what do you base that on?

My little pally is cresting 25. I'm thinking in current DR, 'squire' is probably applicable till 50? That seems to be the point where most guilds really start hitting the 200+ ranks range, and coming into their own.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Squire level range 10/16/2014 12:43 PM CDT

Back when I was still an active paladin (now retired) I would base my squires on knowledge and deeds under my tutelage. If I felt they were ready to stand on their own and perhaps take on a squire of their own then they would be released and "promoted". If they thought they were ready then I would give them a test of sorts to see if they were ready to be a mentor to another in the same capacity.

Its all choice I think, and lately I've seen an influx of new paladins that seem eager to start that RP.
Re: Squire level range 10/16/2014 09:04 PM CDT
It is RP so I basically created an outline of training points and lessons to be learned and demonstrated. Did the elevation when it was time, not at all circle based.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: Squire level range 10/18/2014 04:13 AM CDT
Ha, it's been ages for me. I majorly dealt with 1st to 3rd circle folks and we went till 10th. Folks learned a wee slower back then!

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.