Hounds, meets punisher? 10/14/2012 11:31 AM CDT
I didn't really see a 'discussion about IG logistics and RP-ability' folder, so thought this might be the most appropriate one.

I've been thinking about making my little paladini into a sort of insane rabid Hounds meets Punisher 'must purge all evil' who sees evil everywhere, kinda thing, and thought I'd ask for advice on how to do that with a Paladin. Or just thoughts about doing something like that in general with one. I'm leaving it deliberately open ended cause I'd rather read some discussion or swearing and have an idea sparked for me. Just see how other people would describe, play, and train a character like that.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Hounds, meets punisher? 10/14/2012 11:42 AM CDT
Have you ever met Korsik?
Re: Hounds, meets punisher? 10/14/2012 11:43 AM CDT

That was more Andrew Dice Clay meets Mr. Bean.
Re: Hounds, meets punisher? 10/14/2012 12:43 PM CDT
Scripting, I mean training the character would consist of well scripting (if your good at that type of thing, which I'm not so, that's the description), if you care what your training against, I'd try for the more cursed things, then purely undead, but I'd through some undead in there too, and just imagine them obviously being Necromantic things that need to be ceased and stamped out immediately, and continually (where are all these things breeding from, most find creator).

As far as the what the character would wear, I'd definitely try to mimic some of the stuff from those shard Inquisitors personally, and also maybe try and find a few descriptions posted on Elanthipedia of various GMPC Inquisitors (this is just a personal tidbit from me, wall of text of wearing things would be bad, while a few items and accessories that make a bold statement better).

Personally I'd go with all black, and then a hound already pounced something that isn't to recognizable because it was already pounced so badly it was pancaked (of course you need to write it up much better then me here). Because the Punisher Skull just doesn't work, seems to necromantic. A stake might somehow be neat if approached correctly.

I'd definitely spend a lot of time playing and trying to foster people talking, and seeing innocents no where. That is seeking out others and suggesting that they are the creators of all those undead you were just training against, with no end of their being in sight. Of course you can't just off people (PvP policy) but you can probably find some people to go out and defend their honor, or willing to get into a chase scenario.

My problem mainly is how do you keep your character interesting to others to continue to escapade? If your constantly finding evil, especially where it isn't people will start ignoring you, not interacting. So you have to be careful (at least to me) to keep it fresh, and keep it fun.

Good luck, hopefully I gave you some insight.

Oh and a S'kra Mur punisher just seems a little bit more right to me. But that's just where I'm facing right now. Who knows in an hour I could be going Kaldar, Kaldar is the only way to go.

Re: Hounds, meets punisher? 10/14/2012 03:37 PM CDT
A couple of suggestion quirks for such a character. Just something to consider if you like:

- Wear all white. Be pristine. This way you can constantly be scrubbing your clothes because you see a spot. It also gives villains a way to piss you off (by getting you dirty).

- Have a few OCD quirks. Maybe you have to take your armor off just so, or adjust your gloves before you talk to someone. Focus on orderliness.

- Have a reason to exist other than simply rooting out evil. Have a backstory, a family, something else that exerts pressure in your life. It may also be a good idea to care deeply about current events, and act to do some real good by protecting, e.g., your chosen province from the Xala'shar or Asketi's coming hordes.

- This one is pretty obvious, but just in case: Don't point the finger too brazenly. If you start to call known Paladins necromancers, you'll just look silly. Your idea really shines for the grey areas, like when you meet thieves or others who aren't blatant about their guild. Even then you shouldn't be too predictable. Just lean enough so that you have a definite bias.

- Consider teaming up with a trusted RP partner to be your evil nemesis (or play a variety of people, both innocent and guilty, that you can accuse).

- See if you can get people to follow your good example, then eventually horrify them when they realize the vindictive monsters they've slowly become.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Hounds, meets punisher? 10/14/2012 05:55 PM CDT
In terms of training, in addition to the undead/cursed creatures, there's a number of criminal-seeming ones, such as louts and swains, as well as 'heretics', like the various dragon priests roughly around Shard.

You could also try to chase down some of the people on the wanted board in Crossing, but you'll have to not mind dying over it since that'll probably be the outcome for quite some time.

You might also consider, if not actually joining, going to some of the order/militia meetings so you can regularly interact with groups of people.
Re: Hounds, meets punisher? 10/14/2012 10:25 PM CDT
You know how I said I was going to be all, oh definitely a Kaldar, well it happened. I started thinking about which god this person should be the chosen of and well:

This is Hav'roth: The god of earth, flame and smiths. He is the guardian of the Kaldar; he who warms them through the winter, he who defends against the Ocular, and he who guides the hammer of the smith. Weapons and armor that do not bear his blessing are not to be trusted, and even common tools are traditionally forged in his name. His symbol is a hammer wreathed in flames. (Like all the Gods, he is traditionally depicted as a Kaldar.)

Of course you could chose some other race, and go with a darker god, like Damaris, or Ush'nish, maybe even Urrem'tier.

There is part of me that's more thinking Punisher to me, was this hero who was good, but arrived through though dark and nasty means, he didn't follow the land's law, he followed his own law. So that's somewhat where I'd take the Damaris concept through.
Re: Hounds, meets punisher? 10/14/2012 10:53 PM CDT
>This one is pretty obvious, but just in case: Don't point the finger too brazenly. If you start to call known Paladins necromancers, you'll just look silly. Your idea really shines for the grey areas, like when you meet thieves or others who aren't blatant about their guild. Even then you shouldn't be too predictable. Just lean enough so that you have a definite bias.

Well, in all honesty, I should have explained the punisher bit: to me, the punisher is a crazy, psychopathic, joke. Like...I just can't take someone so determinedly dark and gritty and dark and gritty seriously.

So I was thinking more down the deranged path I think. Possibly more 'Deadpool meets hounds'. And I was thinking of dressing him in neon pink, so that all evildoers could see him coming, or something equally goofy.

But I'd tame the obvious insanity/goofy things with, well, more foaming at the mouth crazy dead earnestness. So, perhaps with a few splashes of the hate-spewing political talking heads, who buy their own spewed bile in a vicious cycle.

I was thinking of taking some windup, getting him a bit leveled, because springing on the scene without being able to beat, say, a common thrall, would make him a farcicle jester.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Hounds, meets punisher? 10/15/2012 03:42 AM CDT
>>So I was thinking more down the deranged path I think. Possibly more 'Deadpool meets hounds'.

Sounds like fun to me. I hope I get to see some of the crazy.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Hounds, meets punisher? 10/15/2012 05:36 PM CDT
Sounds like a whole lot of fun. I look forward to meeting this character once fleshed out.

"Sometimes I have parties at my house in Nashville and it's clothing-optional, and we just body-paint each other and run around." -Ke$ha