Squire 11/02/2011 05:51 PM CDT

Good day. My characters name is Jehoel, and I was advised to post on these forms if I wanted to squire. My character is RP heavy, and his convictions are very strong. I rp him from the old stories of true knights, with honor and chivalry. He doesn’t look at women who are undressing he covers his eyes until they are clothed, he believe in the law of the city he is in, even when it conflicts with his judgment. He believes range weapons are for cowards, (mostly bows and crossbows not thrown weapons like an axe or spear). He calls them branches with strings for bows. I have a really good time rping him in game, and I have been to a paladin gathering recently in river. I am sure none of you heard of him, but I am looking for someone if they are open to it, to rp a mentor relationship with him. He is interested in becoming the best jousting knight out there; his dreams are to be a champion of it. He is currently circle 17 but I am actually new to the game, Have been playing about 2 1. /2 months only. I do not require gear, or money just wisdom, advice, etc. I look forward to speaking with everyone. Just a side note, he believes that paladins who do not act honorable are truly not paladins and therefor what they say has no impact on him. I know many will disagree with my views and how I rp him, but It’s my 32 bucks a month I spend not yours.
Re: Squire 11/02/2011 08:30 PM CDT
Your timing is perfect, because I just decided two days ago to find a Squire. I also feel that the ensuing shenanigans could be hysterical. But, you're still an actual new person and I really don't want to end up griefing you, so I'll let this one slide. Though I am coming up with ideas for having a super goody two-shoes squire who has to put up with everything I do. It would be funny if you knew what was coming already and could play along. A shame.

An overpowering sense of wrongness overcomes you, leaving you struggling against an almost uncontrollable urge to lash out at anyone and anything around you. With tremendous force of will, you manage to regain control of your emotions. - Irony
Re: Squire 11/02/2011 10:44 PM CDT
Welcome to the guild. The squire stuff can be fun, but it sounds like you already have your mind set on many things. That is all good, but a bit hard to mentor someone that already has it all figured out.

Madigan
Re: Squire 11/03/2011 01:13 AM CDT

But the sidekick aspect could be fun, plus the maturation to a full knight rp'd out. At least it would have been for me just starting out.

Sebestyen might consider it.. would be interesting RP regardless with everything that's been going on with him.
Re: Squire 11/03/2011 05:10 PM CDT

You have to keep in mine, that these are his beliefs and such in life. Like in any chain of command, one has to do things sometimes they dont always agree with because they are his boss. As a squire, yes He has strong convictions and beliefs, and yes its not easy but the RP of it is what could make it allot of fun. I understand that most like to squire to someone who they can mold into anyway they want, but the thing that drew me to DR is the RP aspect and for me that comes first.
Re: Squire 11/03/2011 11:39 PM CDT
Absolutely RP however you want and it sounds like you should have a ton of fun. When I take on a Squire it is not a molding thing, it just has to be a good fit. Seb is outstanding so I would certainly recommend you take him up on his offer.

Madigan
Re: Squire 11/04/2011 01:05 AM CDT

Therengia and the fest is where he is at lately. Can check the gate, taverns or Order of the Dragon Shield House. Ask around, I am sure someone up there knows who he is and at least where the ODS house is. That could be good RP in and of itself.

If your interested, AIM is sebestydr hit me up for some OOC considerations.
Re: Squire 11/19/2011 03:47 PM CST
How come everyone always wants to be a good paladin that follows the ways of the light? :shrug:

Infiltrator Walcar Walcars, Phantom of Ilithi
Re: Squire 11/19/2011 06:06 PM CST

>>How come everyone always wants to be a good paladin that follows the ways of the light?

In the end the good side wins.
Re: Squire 11/19/2011 10:44 PM CST

Meh. Which side is more fun, though?
Re: Squire 11/20/2011 12:08 AM CST
Everyone?

Seriously?

An overpowering sense of wrongness overcomes you, leaving you struggling against an almost uncontrollable urge to lash out at anyone and anything around you. With tremendous force of will, you manage to regain control of your emotions. - Irony
Re: Squire 11/21/2011 10:58 AM CST
Korsik.... I wouldn't consider you to be a dark paladin... You are what I would call the uncontrolable middle. The do as you want and be damned the consequences.

Infiltrator Walcar Walcars, Phantom of Ilithi
Re: Squire 11/25/2011 11:25 AM CST
I'm pretty sure speaking darkly and wearing black doesn't make one a dark paladin.
Getting crosswise of the "good" paladins may very well do it though.

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."
Re: Squire 11/28/2011 01:03 PM CST
You forgot his infiltrator title, how could you forget that?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BearTrap
Traps, coming soon to DR.