Looking for a mentor 06/20/2011 01:26 AM CDT
Hello,

I've been back to the realms for a few months now and have spent most of my time braiding vines and collecting rocks. Besides wearing lots of shiny armor, I don't know much of what being a Paladin is about. I'm looking for a mentor that can impart to me some of the history and meaning of the guild. I'm currently in Riverhaven, and will probably be here for the forseeable future.

"Shohna ba Shohna"
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/20/2011 09:55 AM CDT
You may consider trying to RP being a Squire. I think Kattena, Firegard, Seb, Tinderage, Zozu and Uthgaar would all make excellent choices if they are willing.

Madigan
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/20/2011 11:30 AM CDT
Hmm... if he became Zoz's squire he'd just end up working in the mines, swinging a pickaxe and shovel all day long. I think Katt would make an EXCELLENT mentor, provided the young squire doesn't mind having more scholarship then shield.
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/20/2011 01:02 PM CDT
I desire to be more of a scholar than a warrior, although I am also currently enamored with swinging pickaxes down in the mine.

My goal is to really just get more involved in the social side of DR, as a way to break up the monotony of training all day long.

"Shohna ba Shohna"
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/20/2011 02:59 PM CDT
Understood. Still like the list I put together for you. I would also add Erieck to that list. However, you need to seek them out and RP the idea a bit to get them on board. Really, they are all top notch folks in my opinion and will do a great job.

I think Erieck|Tinderage|Kattena|Leucius are more social|RP'ish. Uthgaar|Firegard are more combat|PvP'ish. Well Zoz's is miner as he says, heh.

I am sure that I am leaving a ton of good folks out. No offense.

Madigan
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/20/2011 03:24 PM CDT
>>Well Zoz's is miner as he says

You left out "future armorer extraordinaire"
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/20/2011 05:32 PM CDT
<<You left out "future armorer extraordinaire"

True enough sir.

Madigan
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/20/2011 10:42 PM CDT
>>I think Erieck|Tinderage|Kattena|Leucius are more social|RP'ish. Uthgaar|Firegard are more combat|PvP'ish. Well Zoz's is miner as he says, heh.

Not to hijack the thread, but where could one find most of these people (or just get in contact with them with AIM or something)? I, too, just started back with the game after several years and decided to throw my weight behind a Paladin. I've managed to get myself relatively well-outfitted, I suppose, but I'm not really "feeling" like a Paladin. I hope that makes sense.
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/21/2011 12:00 AM CDT
A fair number of Paladins stay around either Shard or Theren, including some on this list. You might also try going to some of the teaching nights, particularly the ones in Crossing as they tend to have a better attendance rate than Haven's.

Cass
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/21/2011 11:56 PM CDT
I can be found around Boar Clan and sometimes Shard when I need to forage some more herbs for hunting in Boar Clan. If you want to squire under me you should be "open" to conflict and be ready to die a lot. fair warning. Also, show up to a lot of Tourney/Spar Events you will most likely find me there.

Uthgaar
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/22/2011 01:52 AM CDT
I can be found around Theren most of the time since I'm getting too old for travel. Easiest way to track me down is by gweth or through my over worked wife Valkri. Not sure if I'd make the best "mentor" but I can teach ya how to put ya armor on right. Social Paladin...hah...the goblins in crossing still tell tales of this rust bucket Sir Madigan!

Tinderage
Re: Looking for a mentor 06/24/2011 07:06 PM CDT
I'd totally take a Squire. I run around between Crossing, Riverhaven, Lang, Theren, Ratha, M'riss, Mer'kresh and occasionally Shard. Basically wherever there are Prydaens that need to be smited.

You know you want this, I will teach you well.

After I slay Madigan in honorable combat to the death.

Where's Madigan?!?!

I'm so noble it hurts.