Repenting? 07/13/2010 11:25 AM CDT
So I was out helping a Ranger friend get acquainted with his stalk ability. I may or may not have been hidind, and I may or may not have advanced, then boo-boo'd and tretreated while hiding. I just started out with my new Paladin, paid my tithe and now the guildleader wont talk to me! I researched, ended up at the temple in Chatdru's altar, praying but all i get is :
"The sense of peace and tranquility you felt when praying a short time ago slowly diminishes, leaving you oddly unfulfilled."
what am I doing wrong? I go back after and still no-go. I waited for a older Paladin to show me the way, but they left the room as soon as I entered (wanted privacy I assume) Been waitin for a few hours. Any help would be appreciated!
Re: Repenting? 07/13/2010 11:27 AM CDT
Repenting is only to purge stealing ranks. It sounds like you have low soul.

Check your soul status using a soulstone item or by walking through the east arch in the guild. Keep tending and tithing and it should work itself out.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Repenting? 07/13/2010 11:36 AM CDT
The archway takes on a deathly grey pallor.

thats what i get through the east arch.... gonna be a long night isnt it?
Re: Repenting? 07/13/2010 11:40 AM CDT
Eh, it's not that bad. Do you have a pilgrim's badge? You could ask a cleric to pick one up for you in their shop. It's under a plat, I think. Pray on that, tend wounds on non paladins, and tithe like Glemm said. It will work its way back up.

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Repenting? 07/13/2010 11:52 AM CDT
Tithing is a huge boost- after you do it 3 or 4 times you should be way up on soul.

There's a timer on it, like 2 hours or something, not sure.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Repenting? 07/13/2010 12:20 PM CDT
Easiest:

Pray Pil Badge
Tithe
Tend non-paladin

Harder:

Raise mana with a cleric and dead person in the same room.
Protect someone from harm (the hit actually has to bounce off your shield).
Go kill some undead at your level.

Meh:

Feed a hungry caravan.

I am sure I am missing a few.
Madigan
Re: Repenting? 07/13/2010 01:36 PM CDT
>>Raise mana with a cleric and dead person in the same room.

If you leave the room, GoM will drop, and you can re-enter and GoM again. Repeat until your pool is empty.

>>Protect someone from harm (the hit actually has to bounce off your shield).

Ever since the soul boost came out for protecting, I've always noticed it happen while the person I am protecting is getting advanced on.

-Landros
Re: Repenting? 07/13/2010 02:34 PM CDT
Granted I'm not a paladin-prime. But another thing you might try is to get a cleric to Preach one of the holy books to you.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy