Paladin Reading List 01/25/2010 05:04 PM CST
Greetings,

I'm new to the Guild and was wondering if there are any books available in the libraries that would be helpful in learning the Guild's history and any other texts that would be helpful.

Also, on a different subject - what should be the first spell I learn when I'm able?

My thanks,
Jeniveve
Re: Paladin Reading List 01/25/2010 05:34 PM CST
First spell courage in my opinion,some might say anti-stun however.

A s'sugi malchata attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The shield lands an awesome strike that explodes the chest in a shower of blood and splintered ribs.
A s'sugi malchata crumbles to the ground.
Re: Paladin Reading List 01/25/2010 06:31 PM CST
There's a library in the Crossing guild- from the main room, go east, go arch, go one of the doors (theres two) to the great chamber, climb stairs or climb ladder I think.

There's books there.

For the first spell, I suggest courage also.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Paladin Reading List 01/25/2010 06:48 PM CST

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Category:Libraries

Unless that link will ruin your RP. Otherwise I second Mr.Glemm's suggestion.

~Silus
Banner first, ask questions later.
Re: Paladin Reading List 01/25/2010 07:26 PM CST
Thank you very much for the responses. I have another question in regards to stats. I've no idea what to train or does it matter?

My thanks,
Jeniveve
Re: Paladin Reading List 01/25/2010 09:39 PM CST
Strength helps a lot in the beginning... geting your encumbrance down helps you evade parry and block more effectively. Depending upon the armor and gear you've decided to carry around with you... You will find great benefit in getting some strength. You will also be able to carry more coin, skins, and loot so you can build up your bank account a lil quicker without having to make so many trips back into town to unload.

All stats are beneficial... when I start a new character I first train up strength and reflex to 20 from there depending on what I'm trying to do dictates what I train next. Many people get all stats to 20 first, this helps give you a base in everything so you have no extreme weaknesses... and then from there tend to specialize out more. it usually takes the low to mid 20s in circle to achieve this.

I'd say in the beginning Charisma for Paladins is probibly the least important stat... after you have some skill and have achieved some circles and gained some abilities and spells Charisma starts becoming more of a factor in day to day life.