Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/29/2009 10:58 AM CST
Greetings all,

I'm a fairly new addition to the guild and am looking for any experienced Paladin willing to take me on as a Squire and show me the ropes. Through a little trial and error, some aimless wandering about, and lots and lots of reading I feel like I've managed to collect some equipment, train some skills, and get my feet under me to some extent, but still feel pretty clueless a lot of the time.

I'd be honored if anyone would be willing to take me on and help me out in both the technical, "I've not the slightest idea what I'm doing" sense as well as an RP sense and continue my training.

I've managed to learn my way around a bit and am eager to learn, so I'm more than willing to travel wherever I need to and complete whatever tasks assigned to me to attain a mentor.

Thanks for your consideration,
Aspiring Squire Keadrick
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/29/2009 12:47 PM CST
You should find Madigan so Caelumia has another Squire to corrupt.

Just sayin'.

Rev. Reene

"Politics is a simple game -- move a piece here, move a piece there -- except sometimes, the pieces bleed."
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/29/2009 03:54 PM CST
Yes, if you want someone experienced in training squires seek out Madigan. However if he's unavailable I've been considering taking on a full fledged squire. You can find either of us in Therengia, I am however willing to travel as far South as Crossings as needed. You may reach me at (AOL IM) DRAlaxndr. Good luck!

-Guardian Lord Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/29/2009 04:42 PM CST
Full up on Squires at the moment. I highly recommend Alaxndr, who I think is plays an outstanding paladin and would make a great mentor.

Also, I am finding more and more paladins taking on Squires. This is really a neat concept for our guild and I think should be incorporated more formally into some system designs. I encourage everyone to take on a squire. I get a ton of enjoyment out of the experience and I think many of the young paladins are just great.

Madigan

"le rage du paladine" Korsik
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/30/2009 06:38 AM CST
The thought of educating a squire has passed my mind a few times. Some DEV time into a system that could assist this process would be wonderful. After a few personal goals are achieved, I will also probaly mentor a young paladin.

Death Dealer Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/30/2009 08:17 AM CST
Hah, Adakin you will always have training goals. Go grab a young paladin and teach them how to maximize training bud.

Madigan

"le rage du paladine" Korsik
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/30/2009 03:56 PM CST
Can't agree with you there Madigan. Adakin is a snert protecting (Nomur), reporting buttinsky that should in no way be training or helping anybody. I'd prefer he kept to his "goals" and would sooner have Kalag as a liche training our youth than this guy. Just my two cents and fair warning to those who seek and accept guidance from Adakin.
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/30/2009 04:02 PM CST
I smell conflict. Conflict smells good.

Moving stealthily, you manage to grab a fur muff right from underneath the seamstress Marcipur's very nose.
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/30/2009 04:06 PM CST
I would like Adakin to squire me in how to to bad things while portraying thyself as an upstanding paladin.

.... because I had no clue he was such a nefarious fellow.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/30/2009 04:22 PM CST
it's not a conflict, you need two sides of an coin for that. What I am stating is fact.
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/30/2009 05:14 PM CST
>>snert

Yeah, you have no credibility for using that word.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer on stupid Necros
Re: Aspiring Paladin has shield, will travel 12/30/2009 05:42 PM CST
who are you again

-Mr. Glemm