Alternate favor system? 11/08/2008 08:18 AM CST
Greetings all,

First let me say that I'm enjoying my time in the Paladin guild. I was in the realms from Aug '96 thru early 2002 as a Ranger, so while I'm not a totally new player so much has changed that I certainly feel at times like a novice again.

I read something in another forum that mentioned an alternate favor system. Could someone let me know more about that please?

I'm sure I'll have lots of other questions as time goes on.

Thanks in advance for any information and I look forward to see you all in game.

- Froent
Re: Alternate favor system? 11/08/2008 09:44 AM CST
The alternative favor system allows you to get favors from all 39 gods and the gods of the prydean and rakash I believe too.

You just need to find an altar of the god you want and offer something appropriate. This could be a symbol, like a tart for Glythtide, a bead of their aspect or a card of them.

I don't know when cards and beads came out. Anyone can carve a bead but clerics get a big bonus to them. There are primers that will help you carve in Dirge. Neutral aspects are the easiest then light then dark

Cards are just dropped by critters. There's 150 different cards, if you collect all of them in a case you can complete the set and sell it for money, I think it's about 29 Plat kronars
Re: Alternate favor system? 11/08/2008 10:34 AM CST
There is a time investment too: At the higher favor numbers, it's quicker to make an offering at an appropriate altar than to try to solve the puzzles to get the orbs out of Seirgelde. Though except for the Prydaen orbs, you still have to fill them the old-fashioned way.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy