A question for those who joust 10/01/2008 08:42 PM CDT
Howdy paladins,

I'm thinking of starting up a new paladin character with a bent toward jousting. Unfortunately I don't know a lot about the subject (as it applies to DR, at least), and I'm not even sure of the veracity of what I think I know. So what I'd really appreciate is a run-down on how the whole jousting thing operates, if someone has the time. What skills and/or stats would I want to focus on, etc? How does the whole thing work? Essentially I need jousting boot camp.

I'd be very grateful for any info or advice you might be able to toss my direction. Thanks.

"Now won't you tell me if you like what you've just heard?
And if you think the point I'm driving at absurd,
Well there's no need to tell me how or tell me why,
But I need to know the reason not to try."
- John Popper, Onslaught
Re: A question for those who joust 10/01/2008 11:51 PM CDT
Start with training a lot of shield, and a lot of pike/halberd.

Individual stats probably dont matter all that much, I'm guessing have balanced stats will serve you better than trying to min-max it for the purposes of being able to joust well.

As far as I can tell, the best jousters are the huge characters that train shield actively as a defense, and keep pike or halberd near their primary weapon.

And for the technical how-to on how to joust, buy a bunch of 'tack'(i think its called), including a saddle. Go to a jousting area, 'signal horse to joust <person>', and you'll be jousting.

I am by no means an expert on the subject so if anyone has any clarifications/corrections on what i've said, by all means let me know.

-Landros