Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/04/2006 11:46 AM CST
Good day guildmembers. I am potentially taking on a new squire. The last one I had was many years ago. With the above in mind, I have a few questions:

1. Prior to leaving for my vacation, there was some discussion concerning systems to help with a "squire system" for our guild. Do those now exist? I have not found anything in the various folders.

2. Assuming the answer above is no (or even if the answer is yes), I would like to line up some fellow paladins to help train this squire in the following areas:

Ilithi: Would anyone be willing to spend 1 or 2 days talking about the history of Ilithi and the perceived role of a paladin in that area?

Code: Since I follow the Code to the letter, I would like to get some opposing views of the Code and why it should not be followed to the letter (this is an IC discussion and not a "gaming style" debate).

PvP: Slaris, this is a request for you. Would you mind traveling to Therengia (or somewhere close) to help train some PvP techniques and how to deal with "conflict"? I suspect this will take about a week or so spending a bit of time each day with us.

Magic: Pureblade, by chance would you be interested in discussing your training methods concerning magic?

History of Chadatru's Book: Redarch, would you mind sitting down on one occassion and discussing your grand quest to recover the Book?

Jousting: At some point, I will need to set up some training jousts as this squire would like to become a good jouster.

Now, I will obviously guide this young paladin in "my" ways (in particular the Code), but I think a well rounded "education" is the best. Also, there is just not the common gathering ground anymore for paladins to learn from other "older" paladins such as when I grew up so to speak.

Finally, this is not something that has to be done in the next week, month or months. I would like to spread this out over a considerable time period (say 6 months or so). This means that I can coordinate with each of you, make the trip to you (if you so desire) so this does not greatly impact your training or personal time in your DR endeavors.

Thanks in advance.

::Salute::

Madigan

Madigan
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/04/2006 01:59 PM CST
>>Magic: Pureblade, by chance would you be interested in discussing your training methods concerning magic?

We wish, i'm pretty sure this guy is long gone.
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/04/2006 03:02 PM CST
i am?
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/04/2006 03:04 PM CST
anyway, i think i should be available during christmas vacation stuff. work has been pretty wacky for this issue but once we're sent to print i can relax.
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/04/2006 03:08 PM CST
Thanks Pureblade. No worries on timing and we have plenty of time to do it. I figure your slice will take all of about an hour or so (but take as long as you like) and we can travel to your location so you don't have travel time to worry about.

Madigan
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/04/2006 08:41 PM CST
You are doing your homework, Madigan. Just another question to throw out to all of you.. Anyone know of any Elothean Paladins out there who are RPing as being part of the House of the Steel Dove? And anyone who wants to chat with me is certainly welcome to IM me at LadyCamria. She's in Crossing at the moment training and trying to bond with her warhorse.

Camria's player
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/05/2006 10:06 AM CST
Huh, I thought I heard awile ago that the character Pureblade stopped being around, but I guess i'm wrong.
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/05/2006 12:29 PM CST
My paladin is still a youngster, and due to his training of all weapon styles at 3 ranks per circle will remain so for a while yet, so if you're looking for a younger jouster to practice with (or target dummy to make a more experienced jouster feel good about themselves...) just say when and where.

Cheers.
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/05/2006 01:13 PM CST
Thanks for the reply! What is your paladins name if you don't mind me asking. If you want that kept secret, could you find your way to Therengia at some point over the next 2-3 months?

Thanks.

Madigan
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/05/2006 01:21 PM CST
Sorry, not trying to be secretive, I just dislike it when people confuse the boards (quasi-RL) with IG, which happens more than you'd think...

Just say when and where. "Madman" has always been known as a great guy to my IG experience, it would be a pleasure to help out. I'd like to be around Crossing and Haven for the lectures and demonstrations this weekend but the ride to Theren has always been nostalgic so it's no trouble to work around your schedule.

Cheers again.
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/05/2006 04:24 PM CST
Just goes to show that being courteous pays off on occasion. Thanks for the offer, and I appreciate your help.

I'll post here when we get to the point of making some jousting runs.

Thanks again.

Madigan
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/05/2006 08:05 PM CST
>"Madman" has always been known as a great guy to my IG experience

That he definately is. Hey Madigan, since I saw you mention NW... was I officially removed, or was I just put on hiatus status? Been away quite a while, wouldnt surprise me if most of NW forgot about me heh.

-Master Ndin
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/06/2006 07:43 AM CST
Once a member always a member. You are not on the active rolls, but the door is open for you to come back along with plenty of good people to welcome you.

Nice to hear from you by the way and I hope to see you soon up North.

Madigan
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/06/2006 01:36 PM CST
Ill be heading up north here very soon. Had to stop by crossing for a couple weapons. Time is a bit sporadic at the moment, but Ill do what I can.

-Master Ndin
Re: Taking on a New Squire Potentially 12/06/2006 06:02 PM CST
Madigan,

Redarch would be more than happy to come offer what tips and training you think appropriate for your Squire. He's usually in or near Haven so should be in gweth range anytime you and your Squire are training and want to send a shout out.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!