Question 02/07/2004 09:30 AM CST
Is there anyway to summon/notify one of you? Other than just knowing your IMs.

Fella started up last night, and during one of my upward moodswings, I lapsed into my Mentor past knowledge and helped him out. Now I don't wanna start anything about how I play and all that, but if there was way to get folks on a list or something in the guildhall, I'da been ok with just forwarding him onto you folks.

I don't want to leave new folks stranded (from the player knowledge side), and I am not particularly fond of dropping into OOC to explain stuff (which is one reason I'm didn't work very hard at staying on as a Mentor) and its something I just don't want to do anymore.

As a player though, I know what its like to walk into a room, ask for help, and get completely ignored because of folks like me who have no more interest in dealing with newbies.

So .. How can we let you folks know about a good candidate? I'm sure you folks have been after something as well, so hows about a list in the guildhall - training room, or wherever you folks do your thing that prospects can tap and other Paladins can IC direct them to?

-Slaris, meaniehead
Re: Question 02/07/2004 11:45 AM CST
Slaris,

Newbies go to Mentors. Patron/Squire thingy is supposed to be completely IC, and let's face it, there's no way to be IC and help out true newbies.

It's once they've got a good grasp of how to play DR and want to know how to RP a Paladin that they should come to a Patron.

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: Question 02/07/2004 12:56 PM CST
>Newbies go to Mentors. Patron/Squire thingy is supposed to be completely IC, and let's face it, there's no way to be IC and help out true newbies.

Won't be me who sends anyone to the Mentors, ever.

>It's once they've got a good grasp of how to play DR and want to know how to RP a Paladin that they should come to a Patron.

You see Novice, XXXXX, a Paladin.

How do we refer them? Whats the preferred IG/IC method?

-Slaris
Re: Question 02/07/2004 02:06 PM CST
<<How do we refer them? Whats the preferred IG/IC method?>>

Tell them to find a Patron that might be interested in helping them out. Honestly, that's about it.

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: Question 02/08/2004 04:10 PM CST
<<How do we refer them? Whats the preferred IG/IC method?>>

Also refer them here if possible. Someone that new might not grasp the boards yet but a quick explanation might help. Oh and feel totally free to toss the names of the folks down here. We can then highlight them and track them down ourselves. I like that method myself. It shows a willingness to help that is more proactive than sitting and waiting for someone to tackle them.

Also while I'm here I'd like to Re emphasize Drongol's point of each Patron having a different style. I've found mine is more suited to the non RP aspect. Feel free to chat with the different Patrons and get a feel for who might be suited for what style.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Re: Question 02/10/2004 09:44 AM CST
Should the program prove to be a success on the base level, I'll be looking into IC ways to help potential squires find Patrons.

~Maece

[[Space for Rent]]
Re: Question 02/10/2004 10:45 AM CST
>Should the program prove to be a success on the base level, I'll be looking into IC ways to help potential squires find Patrons.

Thats cool, I hope it works out so that option is available.
Bond Weapon Question 04/24/2007 12:00 PM CDT
Can Bond Weapon be cast on others? The spell discription didn't make it seem like it could, so I'm just curious.

Also, I saw a movie where paladins ate babies. Why can't paladins do this in DR? And there was a proto-Polynesian culture they taught us about in high school that didn't consider murder to be wrong, so everyone should just ignore this part of the post. Please still answer my question...

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
I love shield blocking while stunned and prone with a leg missing. ~Ranger Hanryu
Re: Bond Weapon Question 04/24/2007 01:15 PM CDT
Can only be casted upon weapons the paladin is holding. So if you give me your weapon I can cast upon it and give it back to you ::hums::. Thought it'll be bonded to me now.

Player of Adakin Sothir

>prep sdg
You being chanting a prayer to invoke the Slow Down Greatly spell and your mind wanders slightly to remember what Halt used to be like.

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Bond Weapon Question 04/24/2007 02:12 PM CDT
Sure... Just expect it to melt in a few minutes.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
I love shield blocking while stunned and prone with a leg missing. ~Ranger Hanryu
Re: Bond Weapon Question 04/25/2007 07:26 AM CDT
As long as I get a throw off I'll be happy.

Player of Adakin Sothir

>prep sdg
You being chanting a prayer to invoke the Slow Down Greatly spell and your mind wanders slightly to remember what Halt used to be like.

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."