Learning Endurance? 02/24/2016 05:33 AM CST
Endurance: 0 21.99% dabbling (1/34)

I presume this a bug?

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: Learning Endurance? 02/24/2016 05:41 AM CST
I'm impressed but if you could please place a bug report with details on how you managed that in game (assuming you haven't done so already.)

Thank you I'd appreciate it.

Aneka
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Aneka@play.net, Senior Board Monitor Helje at DR-Helje@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Learning Endurance? 02/24/2016 11:43 AM CST
Well... that's an extremely old bug that I'm not sure how it hasn't been reported before. I should have it fixed shortly.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Learning Endurance? 02/24/2016 12:51 PM CST
Somewhere out there is a paladin with 10 ranks of endurance and his heart is broken.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Learning Endurance? 03/23/2016 10:13 PM CDT
Endurance still hasnt been implemented?
Re: Learning Endurance? 03/23/2016 11:19 PM CDT
>>Hisagi: Endurance still hasnt been implemented?

Paladins do not yet have a guild-only skill. (Last I heard, it was more likely to be called Asceticism.)

We have not been given an ETA on when that skill will be released or when any other Paladin development can be expected.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

sortable list of all Trader-owned shops and inventory: http://www.elanthia.org/TraderShops/

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Learning Endurance? 03/25/2016 03:01 AM CDT

I think warrior mages just got another attack that bypasses our primary skillset, does that count?
Re: Learning Endurance? 03/25/2016 03:51 AM CDT
>>I think warrior mages just got another attack that bypasses our primary skillset, does that count?

Assuming you mean Frost Scythe let me set the record straight.

1) This is not intended to be the only armor piercing TM spell. It's a prototype.
2) It doesn't bypass all armor, just a percentage. This means if you're in heavy plate vs it you're still going to take less damage than if you're in leather vs it.
3) It has lower base damage making it a specialized tool (just like DFA spells are a specialized tool).

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Learning Endurance? 03/25/2016 02:34 PM CDT
I don't have a problem with the spell. The only spells/abilities I'm concerned about are the ones that completely ignore armor and/or defenses. WMs are probably going to continue to favor DFA against Paladins anyway. A guaranteed hit that does less damage (maybe) is better than a high damage blockable hit.
Re: Learning Endurance? 03/25/2016 07:32 PM CDT
DFA isn't exclusive to warrior mages, isn't a guaranteed hit and comes with its own significant penalties.

-Raesh

Re: Learning Endurance? 03/25/2016 09:46 PM CDT
I know DFA is not exclusive to WMs but it's important if we're talking about strategies against paladins.

Even though I've been vocal about DFA in the past, I don't mean this to come across as yet another Paladin DFA complaint, really. Those have been voiced better in other threads. I'm more concerned about my offense than other guilds' right now. I like what FRS gives WMs. My point is just, and this is from my experiences in PvP, people favor attacks they feel confident they can hit with. People will probably combine FRS with debilitation to great effect, but their bread and butter against me, when they need a (near?) guaranteed attack, will probably continue to be a lightning bolt because they don't need to debilitate me to make it hit. Time will tell, though. Fact is, Lay Ward is a ridiculous counter to any TM spell anyway. From what I've seen in the last spar events, barriers are a bigger problem than any TM spell, even AE.